cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP On Demand Trial - Bristol South, St Agnes and High Wycombe

Kansalis
Hooked

Re: FTTP On Demand Trial - Bristol South, St Agnes and High Wycombe

I just ordered my FTTC connection from Plusnet yesterday & found this forum this afternoon. Is it too late to express an interest in this trial?
With two of us working from home on a regular basis, with growing businesses, FTTP would definitely be of interest.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi Kansalis,
Welcome to the forum.
The first part of the trial has now ended, we had a limited number of spaces for free installs and a limited time window to place them and that's now finished. In a couple of months we'll look to restart the trial but as we'll be charged from that point we'll be passing the charges on.
The install fee for FTTP on demand is going to be a minimum of £500 with exact price dependant on distance from the cab and whether any excess construction charges apply. In trial we've had install fees range from £500 to over £16k had they been charged. We'll also have to have a 3 year contract (as that what we'll be in) and a higher monthly fee (which is yet to be decided).
Once we restart the trial we'll post details in the forum, if, given the costs, you're still interested then let me know and I can see if I can find out a more realistic figure of what it will cost for you.
Note to anyone else: please check the availability checker below and look for a line under Other Offerings that says FTTP on Demand - Available, if it's not there I can't check anything.
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
AndyHamp
Grafter

Dear PlusNet team,
Where are we with this trial/rollout for PlusNet ?
The website (http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/) was brought to my attention and (to my surprise) my exchange is in the "accepting orders" state.
So do you have any idea when it might be available or how much it might cost ?
Thanks ... Andy
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi Andy,
The trial is still running but we aren't taking any new customers at the moment. We're waiting on some system developments from our suppliers BT Wholesale before we can add any new customers to the trial.
As such we've not got exact details on cost, plus the exact cost will vary from one line to another.
The installation fee is going to be £500 and then based on distance from the cab there will be additional costs which we estimate will bring the average install fee to be around £1500 but could vary from £500 to over £2000. If there is any additional work required such as new ducts then there could be excess construction charges on top of that. In trial we had 2 out 20 that would've had excess construction charges so not many but some.
We've not set the monthly fee or contract details yet (we're in a 3 year contract for the service) but if you are interested I can see if I can get you a better idea of what the price of the install would be.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
lisapetewright
Grafter

If they ever hit Portishead (BS20 7JX) please inc me. PlusNet has been amazing about everything.
My current cab is .4 /.6 miles away and I get 40/10. (depens how bt laid the line) and this 1 cab is full. 10ft to the right of me no one can have fiber as nothing that end!! Hoping an upgrade happens and I can be patched across as there is a normal cab outside my house (10m max) that be really sweet if that went to FTTC
BigTabs
Grafter

Will this be coming to my area as FTTC is problematic and whats the price range... In a straight line from my home to the DSLAM i'm bang on 750 meters away 
AndyH
Grafter

@ BigTabs
If you go to http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and put in your number or address, it will tell you whether you should be able to get FTTPoD. I've attached a screenshot example for you.
An idea of costing (in terms of what it costs PlusNet from their suppliers) is £500 +VAT connection and a distance based charge of between £200 up to £3,500 + VAT and higher. Monthly cost is going to be £50+ and Openreach currently have a 36 month minimum term of FTTPoD. I would imagine costs will come down at some point...
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Still way too expensive for FTTP on demand. I don't like BT charged us too much and 36 months had put everyones off.