Did you mean: 

FTTP Installation

Sienco
Dabbler

Re: FTTP Installation

Thanks @Gandalf

I have run the test and get the following:
Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 17.27.36.png

I cannot run the further diagnostics, because the BT Wholesale checker says this when I select my address:

No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address. Please check the postcode or use the Telephone Number or Service ID to conduct the test.
Click here to try again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for that.
You'll need to use the circuit BBEU reference to run the further diagnostics.

I'll send you an e-mail with it in a moment.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sienco
Dabbler

Ok, I've done that.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 17.42.33.png

Sienco
Dabbler

@Gandalf Can you let me know what the next steps are please? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Sienco

Sorry for not coming back to you in a timely manner.

Are you still having problems now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sienco
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf

Yes, I'm still having problems. Every 10 days or so the speed drops to half the maximum available. As others have suggested a quick router reset always resolves this and it goes back to full speed for the next 10 days or so, when I have to repeat the process. It's not the end of the world, but rather frustrating and perhaps shows that the router isn't sufficient for the service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Are you using a wireless or wired connection to your router? If you’re using WiFi are you able to replicate the problem using a wired connection?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sienco
Dabbler

I'm using Wifi - but have other devices which are hard wired, these are not affected by the slow-down. I'm certain it's not being caused by competing radio signals as I have disabled all within proximity and followed all the steps to check other channels etc.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

There are other environmental factors which can affect your WiFi signal. How far away are your devices from the router when the slow down happens, and is your router near anything electrical or cordless?

Might also be worth splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies if you haven’t done so already: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Making-5-GHz-have-separate-SSID-with-the-Hub-One/m-p/1349587...
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sienco
Dabbler

I can assure you that nothing in the situation changes. I sit in the same location using the same device (6 feet from the router) and all of a sudden the wifi connection slows down. No one else using the connection (I work alone from home), I can test over a dozen different wifi devices and all show and absolute cap of 30Mbps. As soon as I reset the router, the connection restores back to 73Mbps and stays that way for another 10 days (+/- 1 day). It's like clockwork.

I have split frequencies and isolated the router from everything else.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Can you try a factory reset of your router?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sienco
Dabbler

Very first thing I did.

JI
Hooked

I have given up on this issue and I’m definitely looking at going to a new provider. I consistently get 30MB as others have expressed. I know it’s a trial but if it was free, I would have not qualms. But it’s a paid service and only get 40% of ‘promised’ speed. My wired connection is fine but WiFi is poor and I’ve concluded the issue is the Hub One router isn’t powerful enough for FTTP.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately it’s difficult to provide a router that’s suitable for everyone’s needs, and we don’t guarantee wireless connections.

If you’re needing a stronger WiFi signal there’s nothing stopping you with buying your own router or a wireless booster.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sienco
Dabbler

Sadly a wireless booster would be useless in my case, it's definitely the router that's the problem and routinely begins restricting the speed.

Thanks for your help anyway Gandalf, I don't think there's much point L1 troubleshooting the matter any further. I have no doubt that a new router would resolve the problem, but really to me the issue is a minor inconvenience which can resolved with a simple reset and then I'm good for a while longer.

Router aside, I've been delighted with the FTTP trial so far - though desperately need to kill my phone line as it's unused and expensive!