Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Installation

JI
Hooked

FTTP Installation

Hi,

My FTTP trial installation date is 5th January 2018 but I’ve been pushing to have an expedited installation, if possible this month. My copper line has been shaky and reported faulty for some time and my work is affected as I work from home a lot. 

PN said they’d let me know if the date can be expedited but not heard anything. Any chance of an earlier slot (date) sooner than Jan 5th 2018?

Reference number: 163495811

Any date sooner than 5th Jan would be a massive relief.

38 REPLIES 38
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: FTTP Installation

Good luck pal. Loads in same boat. Seasonal holidays engineers are scarse. They offered me to expedite for a sooner date for £200.
Excellent!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @JI,

I'm afraid it's extremely unlikely we'll be able to expedite an FTTP order. As the product is currently only available on a trial basis, we do set expectations that delays can be likely. Looking over the notes on your order, there don't appear to have been any delays as such and the date provided seems to just be down to engineer availability.

It looks like we did try to bring the date forward however this request was rejected by our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@HarryB any chance you could bring my date forward please?
Excellent!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Manny7860

We can't expedite your order I'm afraid.

The delay you're experiencing is due to engineer availability.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JI
Hooked

Looking forward to installation tomorrow. Will the speed difference be noticed immediately or have to contact PN to update my profile?
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@JI

You'll have a working connection before the engineer leaves but it may (or may not) be at your ADSL speed. Remember to do any speed test on a wired connection if possible.

PlusNet may have to flick a switch at their end so post on here if needed.

Brian

JI
Hooked

@Gandalf - FTTP installed this morning and working fine. Thank you! Can you just confirm on your end everything is fine on my account and I am on the 80/20 profile. Speedtest looks fine so far but just to be sure it’s all okay on your side. I want to drop my phoneline as I don’t use it. Is it possible to get the same number back if I decide to reactivate the phone line?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear that. Looks like your package was changed to the appropriate one later in the day.

I want to drop my phoneline as I don’t use it.

There'll be a cancellation fee of £8.54 for each month remaining on your contract.

Is it possible to get the same number back if I decide to reactivate the phone line?

It's possible but I can't provide any guarantees as it might be assigned to another line.

Let us know if you want to go ahead and I'll work out the fees.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@JI wrote:

I want to drop my phoneline as I don’t use it. Is it possible to get the same number back if I decide to reactivate the phone line?

Port it to a VOIP provider would be my advice.

JI
Hooked

My fibre has recently been hovering on 30MB and sometimes goes back to what it should be. I’m on 76MB and I would like you to check my profile is correctly set please. Recently, streaming has been slightly affected which wasn’t happening before. Why pay premium rate when I am getting service for 38MB?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@JI wrote:

... I’m on 76MB and I would like you to check my profile is correctly set please. ...

@JI

What does it say here:  Current line speed  ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've checked things out our side and I can't see any issues which might be impacting your speeds.

Are you testing using a wireless or wired connection to your router?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sienco
Dabbler

I have noticed a similar issue with my line speed. I was installed on 20th Feb and initial speeds were around 73Mbps down and over 20Mbps up, this lasted for approximately a week at which point it dropped to around 25Mbps (at around the exact time that I got an email from Plusnet updating my ticket to say that my service was now live). The email said that I need to wait 10 days before I report any speed issues, but I'm confused as to whether this is 10 days from my FTTP being activated or when I got the email? I appreciate that profiling needs doing on the line, but when it was stable for a week at around 73Mbps, I'm unsure what has caused it to drop by over half in the past few days?

@Gandalf are you able to have a look at this please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Sienco

Our checks aren't finding any issues.

Can you run a BT speedtest at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com using a wired connection, completing the further diagnostics at the end? This will store the result on the supplier system and will help us in reporting a fault to our suppliers.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet