Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Install Options

FIXED
pete2789
Hooked

FTTP Install Options

Hi,

I am moving house and currently have FTTC, my new house only has the option of ADSL (with a speed of 3mbps 😞 ) or FTTP. There is already the white external box with the fibre, however where the fibre comes into the house it has been cut so would only need the second part of the install. Is it possible to transfer my connection straight to the FTTP connection rather than having to activate an ADSL line in the property and then move to the FTTP connection?

Thanks.

Peter.

4 REPLIES 4
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: FTTP Install Options

Good Afternoon Peter.

With the way we are running our trial for FTTP at the present we would need to provide you with the ADSL service first of all as we cannot guarantee a time-frame for the FTTP provision.

Whilst the external connection may be there, depending on if this is active within the Openreach/BT Wholesale records could mean they need to go out for an "external" appointment just to sign that  part of as complete.

The best suggestion I can make is set up the house move with ADSL, once the house move has started to progress, pop a ticket in at trials.plus.net and update this thread, I'll note your account and start the FTTP switchover from the date the ADSL goes live Smiley

pete2789
Hooked

Hi,

Finally got my ADSL line installed after BT worked out which of the 4 lines to my property to activate!

Logged a ticket for the FTTP trial, ticket number is 130215457

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Fix

Thanks for the update, glad that side of things has been sorted,

I can see Mike has placed the order earlier today, as Openreach have detected the internal connection in their system(which you mentioned has been cut), the job will enter a delay tomorrow and we can arrange for someone to fix that side of things following that.

Shouldn't be a long install but I'll keep an eye on things for you 

pete2789
Hooked

Hi,

I was just wondering if someone could cast their eye over my ticket, I have had the line installed last Thursday, but I'm still on an ADSL profile I believe as I only get 5mbps download.

Thanks,

Peter.