cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Instalation Booked But Engineer Never Turned Up

Alf

FTTP Instalation Booked But Engineer Never Turned Up

Having had this work "organised" since July, Order reference: 3-120764098470, I have never been completely confident that it was being dealt with properly.
As each at stage of the process I have not had confirmation that the work had been completed. I needed to phone the Plusnet helpdesk and ask the question.
I rang to enquire about when external work was to be carried out and was sent the following by email, "The external work is due 07/08/15. We will confirm its completion and the commitment of your internal installation shortly. "
I never got confirmation of completion.
So I rang support and was told the external work had been completed.
I was also sent an email with the following "I have checked our systems and can confirm that the appointment date is 18/08/15 between 8 AM and 1 PM".
Having also been told a router would be sent a few days before the appointment I was worried that it had not arrived, so rang again on 15/08/15 to enquire on it whereabouts.
I was told one would be despatched and should arrive in the next few days and not to worry as the engineer could complete the installation without the router. The following message was also sent by email, "I can confirm that we have placed an order for your router. This is sent via First class post and should take 3 - 5 working days to arrive".
Now I have taken the day off work and no engineer has turned up.
It transpires that the external work has not been completed and that I will have to take another day off work to have this completed.
I am not happy that the process has been handled in such a shabby manner.
I should have been made aware that my appointment for 18/08/15 had been cancelled.
How can I be confident that an engineer will turn up the next time?

2 REPLIES 2
UKenGB
Grafter

Re: FTTP Instalation Booked But Engineer Never Turned Up

I feel your pain.  Cry
Appointment for our internal work was on 6/8/15 with external scheduled for 7-9 days before that. As of 20/8/15 NO work has actually even been attempted and I'm getting no-where trying to find out what's going on. Or rather I should say why nothing is going on.
It really shouldn't be like this should it. How hard can it be when other installations seem to be a breeze, but some (like ours it would appear) just seem to get stuck in the mire.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: FTTP Instalation Booked But Engineer Never Turned Up

If you have to take a second day off work you can claim lost wages: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)