Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Fault

Markuk
Dabbler

FTTP Fault

Hi
Any chance someone can look at ticket number 175323489. The connection is running like adsl speeds at times!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): A duplicate post was released from the Spam Filter and subsequently removed.

7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: FTTP Fault

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved to correct board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Markuk
Dabbler

It’s been a week since this was first reported and still no update/response as to what is happening with this issue - can someone pick the ticket up and and at least provide some feedback as to what is happening
Markuk
Dabbler

This is now starting to get really annoying. Multiple support reps have told us that the line is running normally for our package of 40Mbps. Since the line was installed we have subscribed to the 80Mbps package (4+ years!) still do have this and are paying for 80Mbps. Keep being told that the IP profile will be reset overnight yet it’s still set to the 40Mbps speed. Can’t run any advanced wholesale tests as the checker reports we don’t have FTTP! It would just be nice if Plusnet could provide us with some real updates or information on what’s happening and how long this is likely to take to resolve. Was promised a phone call by one rep to report back and still nothing. Twitter team have also been looking into this and promised a reset of the IP Profile yesterday, rebooted the ONT but it’s still not right. This is now 2 weeks or reporting and chasing all from us, tickets have been closed as ‘resolved’ before the issue has been fixed and basically being ripped off as paying for a service were not getting
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I think I've just sorted this for you.

Any chance you can retest the speed?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Markuk
Dabbler

Hi Matt

Run a few speed tests since and they are all in the 75-80Mbps range - thanks for sorting this out. One issue though, on the BT Wholesale Speed Test we still can’t run the further diagnostics - reports back that we either don’t have FTTP or the line can’t be tested
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Are you inputting your 'BBEU' (Circuit Number) for that stage?

If you don't already know it, you'll need to request it from PlusNet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear your speeds have increased.

As @RobPN has advised you'll need the BBEU of your circuit. I'll send an e-mail with it on shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet