cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP - Can I have an invite to the trial please?

Rossatron

FTTP - Can I have an invite to the trial please?

Hey Dave,
I just signed up with Plusnet leaving an ISP that I was very happy with in order to get on the FTTP trial, I live in Monkston Park and I am on the Bradwell Abbey exchange in Milton Keynes. Please send me an invite to the trial?
Thanks,
Ross
11 REPLIES 11
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTP - Can I have an invite to the trial please?

Hi Ross,
Welcome to Plusnet and the forum, if you go to http://trials.plus.net and login with your new Plusnet username and password you'll be able to raise a ticket to take part in the FTTP trial which will go through to our trial team who'll place the order once you've moved across to us.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Rossatron

30. Is the trial available to everyone in the trial areas?
BT may need to do a site survey to see if you can get the service and multi-dwelling units like flats and some multi unit commercial properties will be excluded.

I just found this in the FAQ, when I called the sales team to switch to plusnet I mentioned I was in a first floor apartment and was told it wouldn't be a problem, does this mean I definitely won't get on the trial?  Cry
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It depends, we've done 1 first floor flat above a shop and that was OK and BT want to trial in blocks of flats. What sort of building is it?
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Rossatron

Dave,
Thanks for the quick reply, sorry I'm not sure I understand the question, it's a block of 5 flats, 2 ground, 2 first floor, 1 second floor, I'm on the first floor...I have a dish for sky HD so it won't be a problem to put a hole in the wall and 20m should be plenty to route the fibre from the ground level outside.
Is that what you meant?
Regarda,
Ross
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I think the best thing to do is place the order and see what they say, which I've done, and I'll update the ticket when I get confirmation that the order's been accepted and appointment booked.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Rossatron

Brilliant, thanks for your help  Grin
Rossatron

i had the open reach engineer this morning...h ewouldn't do it. He said he could have done it but didn't want to as it was a flat. he phoned his supervisor who said try so he took off the panel to the box...found where he would need to route the cable, then called some one else to check if he could do it...they said go ahead so he phoned a third person. they said it was fine but someone overheard the conversation the other end and thought they weren't trialling multi dwellings until July so he said "sorry mate I tried my best" i'm just not allowed to do flats Sad then he started moaning to me it was raining and he'd have to do copper work for the rest of the day????
I feel a bit cheated and that if i had have got a different engineer he would hae done the work, he could have done it just didn't want to...do you have any information about a new trial for flats in July? is there anything else i can do or try?
Reards,
Ross
Mark64uk
Grafter

* EDIT* Didnt read the post correctly sorry
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Ross,
That's a shame, because the line check said it was OK I was hoping they'd be able to do it. I have had an update from BT about the trial in flats and I've already put your name forward, waiting to hear when it'll be, I'm hoping sooner rather than July.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Rossatron

dave,
i have recently moved home and i'm now living in a house on postcode MK3 7NU. i beleive at this address i can have FTTC. Do i have the sort of package I can migrate to my new address and get onto FTTC or an FTTP trial?
apologies if this isn't the right plae to ask but i already had a thread open.
Ross
WWWombat
Grafter

If this DSL checker shows FTTC support, then you'll need at FTTC product. The residential variants are no longer on trial -so hop over here for the live service.
FTTP is still in trial, and so are FTTC products for business.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.