Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP - Business accounts

ecomergy
Rising Star

FTTP - Business accounts

Hello.
Well I got a great surprise when last week I was told that our line had now been enabled for FTTP! Been stuck on about 4/5Mb for about 8 years now and have been waiting for Fibre to fix that for as long. Sadly my excitement has dropped dramatically now that I find that PLUS.net cannot provide me a fibre service. Apparently their FTTP offering is just a trial. Not only that, as I am a long standing business customer of theirs for 15 years I am not eligible to take part in the 'trial'.
Since we have no FTTC option, FTTP is the only way we can get Fibre - anyone know what viable options are out there? How do I make use of this fibre? Do I have to move away from Plus after all these years, and if so, where to?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: FTTP - Business accounts

I'll look into this for you now. Will update the thread shortly.
We can provision it, so I don't see why we can't do it. I've just spoken with a couple of people in our Biz department and they say that we are ok to place an order.
I'll get this sorted for you now. I'll place an order and update ticket: 99343246 shortly.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Thanks for that. It seems to be going through now. I really didn't want to leave PLUS as I've had many years of good service and now I don't have to Smiley I would imagine that, given the amount of FTTP that the likes of Superfast Cymru, Superfast Cornwall etc are installing that many more will be in the same position soon, both residential and business customers.
jim1985
Grafter

I am currently in a similar situation to this.
I have Business phone and Broadband
I have recently moved house and I am currently awaiting installation of my telephone line and broadband connection.
FTTP is available to me, however FTTC is not. When I was speaking to Plus.net on the phone to arrange moving my account from my old address to my new address I enquired about having my account upgraded to FTTP but I was told that as Plus.net are currently only adding customers to the FTTP trial who already have an FTTC connection that I was not able to be added to the FTTP trial.
FTTC is not available to me and my only chance of being able to enjoy fibre speeds is via an FTTP connection. Is there no way that I can be added to the FTTP trial? If not I feel I am going to be forced to leave Plus.net and look for an ISP who can provide FTTP to me.