Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Availability

Ensor
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

FTTP Availability

So, for the past week or two engineers have been laying fibre optic cables to all of the telephone poles on my road.

When will PlusNet be offering a FTTP service so that I can take advantage of this? Or is my only option to change ISPs?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: FTTP Availability

Hi there.

Thanks for your interest in FTTP with us. Unfortunately we've no news to share regarding when we'll start providing FTTP to more people following closing the trial we had open until the end of July.

Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ensor
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the reply.

Would be nice to be able to take advantage of the new fibre being installed here, particularly since due to crosstalk my VDSL speed has slowly dropped from 74Mbps to the mid 50s as more people have taken it up - if only Openreach would enable vectoring!

If you do start offering FTTP you'll definitely have one customer. Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fingers crossed!

I'm in a similar situation at home with my speeds having dropped from around 60mbps to 50mbps over the past few years, though I'm a bit further from my cabinet than you are to yours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet