Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP - Above 80/20

tracycrossan
Dabbler

FTTP - Above 80/20

Hi Plusnet,
I have recently taken part in the FTTP trial and am happy with the service so far.
Is there any chance of having my speed increased above 80/20?
If not, is there any indication when you will roll out some higher speeds?
Thanks
Tracy
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: FTTP - Above 80/20

Unfortunately it's not possible to increase your speeds at the moment.
In terms of any future increases we would let people know however there aren't any plans at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
UKenGB
Grafter

I'm somewhat puzzled by PN's attitude on this. Surely, as long as the underlying system is capable of it (which it surely is as BT offer ALL speed options) the speed is simply a setting that restricts the flow to the set speed. So PN could easily say OK and make the configuration changes and the line can then run at the higher speed.
It's the same with FVA. It is obviously technically possible, but PN have simply decided to NOT offer it. Why not? They could easily do so.
It just seems like they are creating reasons to move to BT.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Although FTTP can support speeds up to 330Mbps, at the moment we offer 40Mbps or 80Mbps to match our FTTC speed and pricing.
There are very few applications for which 300Mbps instead of 80Mbps will make any difference, and if we uncap it, your connection can often become intermittent and cause the occasional drop in service.
Although it is technically possible to provide the higher speed, we don't have the facility to charge for the higher package and as such, we would be paying more than we were charging to provide the service.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet