cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP - 60GB is no longer enough for me.....what to do?

gm6988
Dabbler

FTTP - 60GB is no longer enough for me.....what to do?

After being on the FTTP "trial" in Milton Keynes for two years I've had a trouble free experience and have just loved the 21st Century broadband experience.
However, I have started to find I'm edging towards my 60GB limit each month and this month went over, costing me £5 per 5GB. Now with iplayer HD and large downloads from work this is going to happen more frequently to me so I wanted to know what I can do to up my 60GB limit. Although I must admit, it is a bit odd to accept people onto a FTTP trial and not consider that they might need more higher limits than normal ADSL users.
Anyway - it was a simple process of calling up support and asking then how I can increase it, the answer is to pay an extra £3 per month and get the 60GB cap increased to 120GB. This is still only half what's available on the regular package of 250GB but should be enough for me.....for now. I suppose the problem has come about because I joined the trial so long ago and at the time just took out a regular ADSL package which seemed reasonable, after all 60GB is a lot of data.....OK....was a lot of data. But I now often use 2-3 GB per day....also my son's back from Uni so doing his own thing with iPlayer so it all starts to add up.
So onwards with year three of my trial and to see how long 120GB per month will enough for me.
Hope this is useful for those others on the trial who might have hit their download limits.
Gm
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: FTTP - 60GB is no longer enough for me.....what to do?

I'm surprised they didn't offer to put you on to the FTTC account type which has a 250GB allowance for £19.99 (in low cost areas).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
FttpPeter
Dabbler

Re: FTTP - 60GB is no longer enough for me.....what to do?

GM
On the FTTP trial you can go onto the Extra Fibre product which has an allowance of 250GB. You have to raise a ticket, attention of Dave Tomlinson, to have it done. See dave's post at the link below, plus his post further down in the same thread.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104831.msg913061.html#msg913061
Peter