cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC wireless issues

QuannyGalanti

FTTC wireless issues

Having moved house 2 months ago I decided to stay with Plusnet but my speed went down from around 5mbs to 1.5mbs same exchange different village ( oh well c'est la vie ) found out about the FTTC trial and decided that was for me I'm delighted with the speed when connected by ethernet 37mbs down and 7mbs up. wireless was around 18mbs still impressive. then several days ago lost my ' internet ' as they say no wirless and ethernet was erratic to say the least.Phoned plusnet and they said speak to FTTC trial team. I didn't get chance to phone them but after two days it was back up and running. I'd like to try a different router as I believe the Thomson unit is not as good as say a Belkin or Netgear anyone any thoughts ?  Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
nibor
Grafter

Re: FTTC wireless issues

Have a look in the threads , there are threads about the routers , is ur connection on earthnet ok ?
itsme
Grafter

Why not get the modem/router below and give this forum feedback on your experience with it? This is one of a very few vdsl modem/router on the market. It also has a built -in DECT base station to handle VOIP/PSTN calls.
http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN_7390/index.php
tomm
Grafter

Errh, whatever you do, don't buy a combined VDSL/router. BT supply their own Openreach VDSL modem and they monitor your connection. They will know if you plugin a different modem and they will not be happy. This is not a wires only service you MUST use their modem.
Tom.