cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC to FTTP

davidklyne2

FTTC to FTTP

I hope I have put this in the right place, apologies if not. I have been a Plusnet customer for many years and I currently have a FTTC connection. Whilst Openreach do have FTTP in Milton Keynes it is not universal over the City and not available to me as far as I know. A couple of years ago City Fibre started to lay fibre across Milton Keynes including where I live. It has come to my notice that City Fibre have started to allow third parties to use their fibre network in a similar that Openreach does with Sky,TalkTalk etc. So my question two fold. Is it likely that Openreach will install FTTP to areas which can currently only get FTTC or is there a possibility  that they might enter into an agreement City Fibre?

Thanks

David

1 REPLY 1
MauriceC
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 16

Re: FTTC to FTTP

@davidklyne2 wrote:
So my question two fold. Is it likely that Openreach will install FTTP to areas which can currently only get FTTC or is there a possibility  that they might enter into an agreement City Fibre?

Unfortunately not a straightforward question to respond to in your favour..   BT / Openreach   have many plans to extend FTTP to both FTTC existing areas and to more rural areas.  Most of these plans are focussed on  controlled removal of copper based services  by 2030  (more likely 365 or later).  Not at MY PC   to lookup good URL's for you to look up.  Sad

So, some optimism based on your location..  The bad news is that Plusnet have not yet indicated any positive moves to supply FTTP services to Users, so getting a faster service will need a change of ISP.