Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC order placed! Will my standard service continue until the installation day

gwowders
Grafter

FTTC order placed! Will my standard service continue until the installation day

Hi all,
Pretty much as per the subject line really - I have placed the order and expect the installation work to begin Friday 24th so all very exciting!  A jump from 1.5mbps to upwards of 28mbps is the stuff that dreams are made of.
Quick question to the collective.  Can I expect my current connect to remain untouched until this point?  I don't want BT (or whoever) to switch my broadband off a few days in advance of the change over...
Thanks!
Ben
6 REPLIES 6
AxeMurderer
Grafter

Re: FTTC order placed! Will my standard service continue until the installation day

Yes, your current 'performance' will persist until the day of the install. However, do not turn your router off  in the last couple of days. Plusnet do some pre-provisioning so you may pick up the wrong details if the router restarts. I did, and lost my internet for the last afternoon.
gwowders
Grafter

Re: FTTC order placed! Will my standard service continue until the installation day

Cool!  Thanks for that.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, just to add our seal off approval, your ADSL service should continue up until the FTTC installation.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gwowders
Grafter

Hurrah!
gwowders
Grafter

Well - all installed and I'm back online!  So far so good! 
Did someone mention that they could bump my line speed / profile up so I don't have to wait a couple of days to start seeing the benefits??  Wink
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

@gwowders
Mine was installed today. Plusnet estimated a download speed of approximately 14.6Mb from my previously flaky 0.5Mb - 1.0Mb.
I hope it's not just a glitch, but I'm currently downoading & achieving speed test results around 30Mb - 32Mb & my Plusnet profile is 37Mb (for now).
I too thought I would have to request a profile nudge, but Plusnet did it within 1 hour of installation & emailed me & texted me to confirm.