cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC order begins

BossSkill

FTTC order begins

Hi there,
I'm a plusnet noob, have been with Be for the last 3 years and was with Nildram for 5 years before that. I recently moved house, ordered a BT phoneline and then went with plusnet ADSL to take advantage of a monthly contract. My reason for this; using the postcode checker on the BT Infinity website revealed that I'd have fibre in my area in March 2011 and could hardly wait. I was glad I would only get a comparatively meagre 4Mb connection when compared to my old Be connection as if I were to get 10Mb plus I wouldn't have bothered investigating Fibre.
However, once I got the phoneline and ran the BT check again it turned out I was able to get Fibre right now. Excited by this I went to cancel by plusnet order (had only placed it the previous day) with plans to then order BT Infinity. I mentioned my reason for cancelling was because I'd since found Fibre was available and was pointed to this forum along with instructions on raising a ticket to progress a trial FTTC order. Raised the ticket, waited for my ADSL to activate, activated yesterday and almost immediately received updates to the ticket for the install date and all relevant information. Go live date is 10th November.
My reason for this thread? Just wanted to thank Dave and the team responsible for all this, I've been extremely happy and impressed with the communication I've received so far and look forward immensely to my time with plusnet  Cool
Cheers,
Andy.
3 REPLIES 3
bluewhale
Rising Star

Re: FTTC order begins

yep they are a great bunch 🙂
jcousins
Dabbler

i could not agree more Dave and the team have been brilliant, thanks! Smiley
BossSkill

Openreach engineer left a little while ago, was only at my house for 15 minutes. His line speed checker showed I was getting full speeds of 40/20, very happy with that. Ran various speed tests and downloads and I take it I'm being throttled to 395Kb/sec download speed because I'm on the Extra package? Have rebooted the router and modem with the same result, but upload speed is showing the full 8.9Mb speed.
Edit: Never mind that, just ran another speed test after some more reboots and to a different server:

isposure only coming back with 15.75/6.25
So far so good Cool