cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC is my profile correct ?

alben
Grafter

FTTC is my profile correct ?

FTTC installed today all went verty smoothly, BT engineer said I should get near on the full 40mb. At present I am getting aprox 25mb down and 8mb up which I am not unhappy with at all Smiley I have had to reboot the modem and router as speeds went back to dial up. I have seen on this forum that the correct profile is 20000, mine is as follows if I am looking in the correct place.
Telephone number:
xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone exchange:
CHELMSFORD
Estimated line speed:
6Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2010-08-10 15:05:47
Current line speed:
37 Mb
Alan
3 REPLIES 3
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: FTTC is my profile correct ?

Looks like an agent has set the profile for you now?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
alben
Grafter

Thank you Kelly, I will worry no more. Smiley
alben
Grafter

Just a word of advice, I set up the router in advance ssid, login and security, all the BT eng had to do in my premises was change the faceplate and connect the mode to the router, then I was up and running. I had set up the router on our telephone table next to the master socket and after the BT eng had departed I noted that the modem was sitting on top of the router, thought to myself thats OK takes up less space. Later in the day speeds dropped to a crawl, I went to check modem and router lights and noticed the BT modem was very warm. I powered everything down, separated the modem and router, left things for a while then powered up the modem, waited 30 secs then powered up the router. Since then speeds have been great and the modem is much cooler, I have seen other posts that raise concerns about modem temperatures, so something to be aware of.
Regards, Alan