Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC engineer install failure

conroc00
Dabbler

Re: FTTC engineer install failure

Alex,
Thanks for addressing this. Speedtest is still reporting in the region of 12-14 downstream and 1.6 upstream. I've power cycled the modem and router around 3pm today, but not change.
I think I know the answer to this, but is there any way to view the synch profile of the modem rather than relying on speedtest?
lexusuk
Grafter

I'm afraid that I can't test your line to obtain the sync rates until the order is closed.
conroc00
Dabbler

I guess I'll just keep on testing over the weekend, then ... sad to say that this has not been a particularly seamless cutover so far.
Kind of takes the sheen off the new product that has been anticipated for a long time now. Nice work, BTO Sad
conroc00
Dabbler

As of this afternoon, speed tests are now reporting around 34 down and 1.6 up, so whatever needed to happen has happened. Thanks for your support, Alex.
And just a general query - is there any way to log into the actual modem itself to see the stats?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

And just a general query - is there any way to log into the actual modem itself to see the stats?

Nope, BT have removed that option from the firmware.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jezzerash
Dabbler

Quote from: conroc00
Alex,
Thanks for addressing this. Speedtest is still reporting in the region of 12-14 downstream and 1.6 upstream. I've power cycled the modem and router around 3pm today, but not change.
I think I know the answer to this, but is there any way to view the synch profile of the modem rather than relying on speedtest?

Hi
Don't reboot the modem again!  If BT sees two disconnections it assumes there is a problem and it will slow down the increase in line speed.  It took a full week for mine to reach what I thought was full speed (22-24Mbps.)  As it turns out, changing my wirless nic to 150n boosted my speed to 34-37Mbps.
Regards
Jez