Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC connection down

timsmith
Grafter

FTTC connection down

Hi,
My FTTC connection has been down since thursday with the modem being unable to obtain Sync.
I raised a ticket but have had no response after nearly 4 days and still no connection. Can someone pelase investigate?
Thanks
Tim
3 REPLIES 3
multipack
Dabbler

Re: FTTC connection down

I had the same issues, i phoned customer support and couldnt get talking to anyone that knew anything about fibre i was told they would phone me within 24hrs that didnt happen. i phoned the next evening and was told a member of the fibre team would phone me before 9pm, i was doubtful but 10 minutes later i was called and had another 2 calls within 15 minutes and a engineer visit arranged.
It was a faulty modem. seems to be a common fault with these open reach things.
Hope you get sorted soon, just because this is trial doesnt mean we should be ignored for ages, plusnet have been running this long enough now to have put a dedicated help team togeather.
timsmith
Grafter

Im really getting ticked off now.
Ticket raised on Thursday and told I would hear the next day
Rang on Friday and told I would hear within 72hrs (Sunday)
Rang on Sunday and told ticket was escalated and would definitely hear within 24hrs
Rang on Monday and was again told would hear within the original 24hrs
Rang after 24hrs and was told that the team is small and they are massively behind.
I do understand this is a trial but not picking up tickets and still giving response times is INCREDIBLY poor customer service.
Ive now been promised that the ticket has been emailed to two managers and that I will receive a call tomorrow - very doubtful...I also predict that Openreach will be required and that will further delay.
Plusnet have actually really gone down in my estimations to not even pick up tickets within 96hrs.
Tim
timsmith
Grafter

Finally problem solved...
A faulty Openreach modem - seems to be quite a common fault from what Ive read.
Tim