Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC box overheating

Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Re: FTTC box overheating

Quote from: Alex

Your support ticket has been updated.  As per the ticket we will need to monitor the line over the next 24 hours to allow the DLM reset to complete which the engineer initiated.  I will contact you tomorrow if any further action is required.

Thanks Alex.
Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Baldeagle1

Hi Dev,
I started a forum thread here:-
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,9726.0.html
Are you suffering regular disconnections/reconnections?

Paul.

No, my connection is stable, it was also stable for 1 month before the modem was changed. 3 engineer visits have found no faults on the line, I am mystified as to why it cannot resynch at the original speeds. I did a reboot on Sunday to activate PlusNet firewall, apart from that there has been no drops except for the engineer visits. I had a stable Plus Net connection for over 3 years at 16Mbps on ADSL2+.
Today

May
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi Dev,
I would recommend for you to raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net/ for investigation.  Your line speed is indeed much lower that your line speed estimate.
Dev
Rising Star

Hi Dev,
I would recommend for you to raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net/ for investigation.  Your line speed is indeed much lower that your line speed estimate.

Hello Alex, I had a ticket open since 19 July which was only closed last week, 3 engineers visit have found no faults on my line. I am not sure what more can be done unless they receive clear instructions from PN.
lexusuk
Grafter

The line probably needs to be reset to re-establish your original speed.  However, we don't have a method to do this currently.  Also not all engineers will reset the line on a visit.  Either way, at the moment the only way to reset a line for an FTTC line is to raise a fault and go for an engineer visit.
Dev
Rising Star

I will raise a new fault ticket, should  I specifally ask for a line reset or is this up to the engineers? Is it possbile for PN to reset my IP to 37 so that there will be no conflict of IP for when the engineer resets the BT one?
I have raised a new ticket #46052400
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi Dev,
I've passed the ticket to our fibre faults team who will be in touch shortly.
Quote from: Dev
Is it possbile for PN to reset my IP to 37 so that there will be no conflict of IP for when the engineer resets the BT one?

With our fibre products all our profiles remain fixed at the maximum rate.  No automatic adjustment occurs unlike our ADSL based products so no such adjustment will be required.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Hi Bald_Eagle1,
Your support ticket has been updated.  As per the ticket we will need to monitor the line over the next 24 hours to allow the DLM reset to complete which the engineer initiated.  I will contact you tomorrow if any further action is required.

Hi Alex,
I have updated my help ticket & the Kitz forum.
There has been a slight improvement since yesterday, but my profile still appears to be stuck at around 24 Mb, as per when BT reset it a few engineer visits ago.
What's next on the agenda?
Paul.
lexusuk
Grafter

The line profile has updated to:
"16.2M-32.4M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 0.5M-2M Upstream, Interleaving Off"
Which allows a sync rate up to 32.4Mbps but your line is only achieving 23.98Mbps.  I suggest that you monitor your speed over the next few days to allow the speed to pick up.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

"16.2M-32.4M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 0.5M-2M Upstream, Interleaving Off"
Which allows a sync rate up to 32.4Mbps but your line is only achieving 23.98Mbps.  I suggest that you monitor your speed over the next few days to allow the speed to pick up.

Thanks Alex,
Would you recommend a reboot of the modem to pick up a new sync speed?
Paul.
lexusuk
Grafter

Perhaps you should maintain stability for a while to prevent the profile from going downwards again.  I'd normally say 72 hours but it's more like 120 hours on FTTC it seems.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Hi Alex,
I have updated Plusnet ticket #45613819 as no speed improvement has been noticed by this morning (5th September), although the line does now appear to be very stable.
Paul.
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just given Alex a nudge, he should be updating you later on as to what's going on.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Thanks Matt,
I noticed that Alex hadn't made any forum postings yesterday, so I presumed he wasn't in work & I wasn't going to try to nudge things along until today.
Paul.
Dev
Rising Star

Hi Paul, my modem was changed again today, speeds are up now 23 from the 14 I had before, hopefully  I can regain the 32 I had before the first modem went.