cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC and FTTP Slow Throughput Speeds

Danplusnet
Grafter

Re: FTTC and FTTP Slow Throughput Speeds

BT have now fixed the speed issues at my exchange but the fault still persists. The BT Speedtester now reports that the 3rd test passes whilst the second test is failing which I assume means it's now a Plusnet issue not a BT one.
f513toy
Grafter

I don't really want to complain but.....
My FTTP speeds seem to max out at  around 20M these days, sometimes down to 3 or 4 in the evenings, but never higher - been that way for a while now. This is not wireless, with wireless (WPA2) max I see around the house is 10M. Not complained for a while as these speeds are sufficient for everyday use and still much better than the dark days of ADSL. I have turned of the router and ONT and sometimes but gone are the early days of the trial when I was seeing up to 70M.
Any ideas - is it just local to my exchange?
f513toy
Grafter

Someone must have sprinkled some magic dust, I just ran speedtest and I got 58M on wireless Shocked - too excited to tempt fate and run speedtest again this evening, just in case I was dreaming - I want to savor the moment Cheesy
I'll be brave and run speedtest again later tonight and see. Now what will I do with my superfast broadband tonight Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[quote=http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4512-bt-s-super-fast-infinity-broadband-stuck-in-the-slow-lane.html]BT's super-fast Infinity broadband stuck in the slow lane
Tuesday 14 December 2010 11:49:40 by John Hunt
BT's latest and greatest broadband product, BT Infinity, which offers to deliver super-fast broadband speeds of up to 40meg has not been living up to its name. Users of the service have been reporting slows speeds on BT's community forums, with users seeing their service limited to speeds as low as 2meg in the evening until after midnight when speeds suddenly jump back up to the expected 30-40meg.
Users of the forum have suspected that the problem lies within the traffic shaping used on the BT network to throttle connection speeds to ensure that all users receive a fair broadband service without slowing down others to a crawl. Unhappy users have spent hours on the phone trying to get a fix to this but many have failed, and have resorted to contacting BBC Watchdog.
BT staff who have responded had been looking into it on an individual case by case basis as they did not believe this to be a general issue. We approached BT about the issue and received the following statement back from them:
[quote= BT spokesperson]"The slow speed experienced by a number of customers was due to a technical fault that was highlighted through individual complaints and our customer forums, this has now been fixed. We're sorry for the inconvenience and grateful to customers who highlighted this."
Users were still reporting issues last night so those affected will need to wait until this evening to see if the issue has actually been resolved.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)