Did you mean: 

[FTTC] Trial feedback

tomorrowman
Dabbler

Re: [FTTC] Trial feedback

Stability seems fine
30500 kbps +/- 1000 kbps download speed
upload  8200 kbps +/ - 50 kbps
Did have problems on Thursday (4/11) with the download speeds varying wildly from 10000 kbps to 30000 kbps. Problem went away of its own accord after a while
Amusingly I keep getting emails from BT Infinity telling me that FTTC is not available in my area (This is after receiving a letter from them saying it was)
I'm impressed with the performance of this non existant service  Grin
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

That's interesting, I wonder if they think it isn't available because you already have it. Good to the see that the stability is good too, don't know what happened Thursday, BT have had a capacity issue in one area that was fixed Friday so could be related.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
tomorrowman
Dabbler

And it was all going so well  Cry
As of today I have no internet at home
tried rebooting router & modem. All the appropriate lights lights come on on both devices i.e. everything on the surface it looks fine.
But no connectivity to the outside world ?
When get the router (via management UI on 192.168.....) to drop and reconnect connection it seems to works fine i.e. It gets assigned IP address etc (Does that come from FTTC modem or the ISP ?) - No connectivity though
Time to report a fault I think
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
Connection shows as up from our side and I can see some usage recorded, is it still down from your side? If you're still having a problem I'd suggest doing a reset on the router and going back through the setup guide again because it looks like the fibre side is working OK from what I can see. If that doesn't work then I'd suggest raising a fault and we can look further in to it.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
tomorrowman
Dabbler

Thanks Dave.

Discovered issue when attempting to do an early morning speed check. However when tried again on evening of 12/11 It was all working fine (apologies for not updating at time)
Checked connection speeds again.

Date                 Download Speed                 Upload Speed
Today 06:21         32398 kbps (4.05MB/s) 8248 kbps (1.03MB/s)
Thursday 04:15 32317 kbps (4.04MB/s) 8219 kbps (1.03MB/s)
as per usual consistent and fast.
Based on my experience I can see this technology is going to benefit many consumers blighted by 'too far from the exchange' poor ADSL speeds.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ah excellent, sounds a bit like the problem I had on Saturday. All connected OK but no data transfer... went back to normal after a few hours, no idea what it was.
Definitely on the 2nd point. The vast majority of people I'm adding to the trial are on 2-3Mbps or below so making huge differences.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology