cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Trial - House move

twentythree
Grafter

FTTC Trial - House move

I will be moving house on 1st May and would like to continue using the FTTC connection I have been trialling. I'll actually be moving to the flat directly above the one I am in currently so hopefully this won't be too complicated. I realise the trial is coming to an end but would I be able to do this?
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC Trial - House move

Yep sure,
Your account is clearly flagged to show that you're on the trial so it's just the usual process for house moves: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
twentythree
Grafter

That's great news - thank you for the quick and positive response. I'm looking to move both broadband and telephone (keeping my current number) - let's hope it all runs smoothly.
twentythree
Grafter

Adam,
Will I be able to retain my current upload speed (10Mb/s) when I move? I've heard the new Plusnet FTTC products will be limited to 2Mb/s upload.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

A house move never changes the package you are on, you remain with all settings / options as if you had not moved. There are deferred payments but that has nothing to do with FTTC.
twentythree
Grafter

I've set the ball rolling with House Move ticket #41959690.
On hold until the Fibre Team are back in on Tuesday.
Will the move require a BT visit to remove the FTTC faceplate or can I just take it with me?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi twentythree,
Your service will be moved like for like, i.e same speeds etc.
Also as far as I know and engineer may need to pop into the house you're moving out of (not always needed but let us check and confirm) and will definitely need to visit at the new one.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A question.
If someone moves into a house which has had a fibre connection will an engineer visit be needed to enable ADSL
twentythree
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
The ticket doesn't seem to have been picked up again today and I'm conscious that there are only a few days left until I move. I will have access to both flats for a while after 1st May but could do with this being addressed by the moves team ASAP - is there anything you can do to speed things along?
Regards,
twentythree
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi twentythree,
I've asked one of our provisioning team to look at this for you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jim,
An engineer shouldn't be needed as the line would just need to be re-jumpered at the cabinet. Although saying that engineers will often still call to make sure it's all working correctly. That said, it shouldn't theoretically need an appointment.
Jojo Smiley
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The new faceplate fitted for FTTC connections still supports ADSL2+ connections so it would not need to be removed when the FTTC service is terminated.
I think they just fitted a new faceplate because it was part of the normal install. My BT engineer said the home bought filtered faceplates would work OK with FTTC but they had been told to change them anyway.
twentythree
Grafter

The fibre move went through today - looking good but despite Adam's reassurances the upload speed appears to be capped at 2Mb/s  Sad
Please can this be remedied?
twentythree
Grafter

Sorted today - thanks guys  Smiley