Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Trial End product choices

The_10th
Grafter

FTTC Trial End product choices

Plusnet recently sent an email to trial customers:
We are now coming towards the end of our FTTC trial and would like to give you an update on what is happening and take this opportunity to thank you for taking part.
Since we started over 18 months ago we've added over 650 customers to the trial and have over 100 currently in progress. We're very pleased at the take up and interest in the trial.
Since 26th January we began a more commercial trial and starting charging an extra fee to new customers moving to FTTC. As a thank you for taking part in the trial you can remain on your current product with FTTC without incurring the extra charge. Should you wish to change product you can do so if you wish, until April you can change to one of our current ADSL products however once we launch our FTTC products you would only be able to change to an FTTC product. We will contact you when our new products are available as you may find the new products are more suitable for you.

Does the change have to be by the end of March also, currently, even if the billing date is later in April?
I am considering my choices but being on BBYW3 suits me apart from possible lack of allowance to be honest. Having been on FTTC for just a couple of weeks it's not easy to see if 30GB is enough but Extra has more severe packet shaping which Usenet is of particular importance. Can plusnet not extend the choose-by date a couple of months for those that have only just joined and allow us to see what the new products could offer?
This seems a bit fairer and takes the worry of choosing a product out of fear rather than a calculated response.