cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Trial - Can new customer go STRAIGHT onto it?

fuiste

FTTC Trial - Can new customer go STRAIGHT onto it?

(Bit of history to start with)
I've recently signed up some of my already existing referrals to FTTC, and the one who has been on it for about 2 months now is over the moon with his 20Mb/s down & 10Mb/s compared with his previous 512/256Kb/s due to having over 7.5KM line length.
3 other referrals are due to be converted to FTTC trial within next 3-4 weeks.
---
Question 1
Anyway, getting to the point now - my mother doesn't currently have ADSL and I'm thinking of signing her up in the next day or so and then putting in a request to get her onto the FTTC trial after the ADSL service has gone live. ADSL & FTTC is available as per BT Checker and she's in the same development (50M and 150M either side of) as my brother & sister who are going onto the FTTC trial in 3-4 weeks from now. Question is - would I have to wait until the ADSL service has actually gone live and been setup at least initially with the ADSL modem? Further to this, would I need to wait until after the 'standard 10 day bedding in period' before putting in request for FTTC trial, or could I submit the trial request on the same day that ADSL goes live?
Question 2
My sister is about 500M away from the other 3 and on the same cabinet and FTTC is available as per the BT checker etc. I'm also trying to get my sister migrated away from Tiscali (nightmare!) and back onto PlusNet (she still has an active account name from dialup days (type = F9 Free) under my referrals, so if I can get her back onto PN ADSL before the closing date for the FTTC Trials I'll try to get her onto the trial also. Really just the same question as above, would she need to be on the ADSL service for the 'standard 10 day bedding in period' before I put in the FTTC trial request or could I put in the FTTC trial request as soon as her ADSL service goes live?
Thanks,
Conor.
P.S. Meanwhile the ever suffering me who is the techie & full time and telecommuter who needs faster service is stuck with no date for my cabinet to be upgraded... <sigh> The joys of being 5KM at the other side of town from the rest of the family out in the sticks and about 6KM from the exchange! But I make do with my 2 separate ADSL lines which get about 2.5Mb/s real throughput combined (except they're not really combined... one for me, well 2 for me during the day, and one for the family)