cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC-Speed only 12 meg - is my line speed capped?

Rustyme
Dabbler

FTTC-Speed only 12 meg - is my line speed capped?

I got 37 meg when it was initially installed but over the last 24 hours it has dropped away and now down to 12 meg which was the speed my old 20meg connection was capped at due to stability issues.
Does my line speed need to be reset or is it some other issue?
Also I can no longer join servers in Steam and the server list will only pull up a few servers instead of hundreds.
I have tried taking the firewall all down and a few other things including reinstalling the game in steam but same issue.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: FTTC-Speed only 12 meg - is my line speed capped?

Should now be fixed, it looks as though we were in the middle of processing some profile updates during the period of your changeover to FTTC. I've manually fixed it on your account so you should be able to get back to your normal speeds.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Rustyme
Dabbler

Hi Chris my connection has been down completely since earlier this morning not long after I posted - perhaps it has something to do with the chnages you made?
I have rang support and a ticket has been raised in the member centre.
Really hope it can be sorted quickly.
Rustyme
Dabbler

OK powered down the modem this afternoon feeling you would of run any diagnostics by this time and managed to eventually get reconnected.
A speed test showed 36mb so my fingers are firmly crossed that things will continually smoothly from here.  Cool
Thanks for your help thus far and hopefully this thread can now fade into the pages of forum history.