Did you mean: 

FTTC Questionnaire Email

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

FTTC Questionnaire Email

Hi all,
I'm sending out a questionnaire this afternoon to all our FTTC customers, I know some of you won't have been on very long while others have been on over 18 months now. If you can take some time to fill it in when you receive it that would be very much appreciated. We're currently running through the commercials and all the other details for our FTTC product so any feedback you guys can provide now will help us shape our fibre products. Thanks in advance.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
10 REPLIES 10
knowdice
Rising Star

Re: FTTC Questionnaire Email

Done  Smiley
Do you want any routers back?
I have a Netgear, Thomson & Zyxel from you and only the Netgear is in use.
Kevin
Rising Star

Question 13 in the survey is very ambiguous. In my case my ADSL speed before getting FTTC was always a steady 5Mb and didn't vary day or night.
Since getting FTTC (BTopenreach modem permitting) I've been getting a steady 30-32Mb (after the initial settling in period) day or night.
So do I answer 😧  I have experienced no difference in speed.
Because in real terms that isn't true going from ADSL to FTTC! Huh
Kevin.
JEB
Grafter

@dave - I haven't received the questionnaire.  Are you sending these out in batches?

James
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

knowdice - don't need the routers back, you may as well keep the others as spares in case you have a fault
Kevin - thanks yeah I can see that none of the answers really applies there, I'd suggest putting answer A I no longer suffer with slow speed if you've not already completed it.
James - the survey's been sent but looks like we don't have an email address on your account. If you log in to the member centre and go to account details then update details you can add an address and if you go to the help and support section there's a ticket on your account with a copy of the email and link to the survey.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
JEB
Grafter

Thanks Dave.  I have completed the survey.

James
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Just completed the questionnaire now for you Dave.  Smiley
Also just to add, since switching to FTTC I have never been happier to be a PlusNet Customer. Thanks again Dave.
hulls
Grafter

Completed it yesterday (I think) I also have a couple of spare routers(one of which - the Thomson  585vn- isn't even any good as a spare) I suppose I could download the basic firmware for it and reset it.
But since we're on the subject of routers - If I wanted to get an upgrade, what type am I looking for (a cable router?) and is there any movement on being able to use a combined modem and router yet?
John
knowdice
Rising Star

I don't think a combined "modem" +router will ever happen.
If you read though the relevant BT SIN 498 - Here you will see that monitoring and management is tightly tied into their [BT] modem  Angry
It would be good if BT could make the stats information readily available to Plusnet who could then add it into their portal...hint...hint  Cheesy
jedi98
Grafter

I'm happier, from a tech point of view, with the separate modem because having got the router I want and spent reasonable money on it, I can now keep it and plug in whatever BT provide be it FTTC, FTTP or some new thing, it's all going to have a 10/100/1000 ethernet connector. Even if virgin media suddenly turned up (which they will not) I could plug in to that if I needed.
AlanAtHome
Grafter

@Dave
Hi, I just read about questionnaire are you still doing them? Seems account details was missing my email address as well, I've added it.
Alan
(User apogee)