Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Installation Date - Problem with Changing Date

WWWombat
Grafter

FTTC Installation Date - Problem with Changing Date

Ticket# 41083591
FTTC install ordered as part of the trial - but the expected 2 week wait for the ticket to be looked at, plus a week, plus a holiday, meant we selected an install date of Tuesday 26th April.
However, we discovered we still need to be away, and needed to move the install to the 28th or later. We updated the ticket on the 15th April, but it seems the order encountered problems - and the date still has not been changed. Last change to the ticket was on 19th April.
Can someone take a look at the ticket, confirm the old date has been cancelled, and re-do the order through BT's systems? There's no point the engineer turning up...
And here's hoping the 10Mbps upload sticks on the order...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
19 REPLIES 19
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: FTTC Installation Date - Problem with Changing Date

Hmmm. Looks like the cancellation didn't happen, as Openreach apparently turned up this afternoon...
Plusnet Customer
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI WWWombat,
Gosh, I'm sorry we never got to this but we're only back today. In future for urgent issues such as this a call may have been more advisable.
Jojo Smiley
WWWombat
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Aye, you're probably right, though it didn't feel urgent at the time, but more for completeness - the ticket *says* "just ignore the current appointment date," even if it doesn't give the impression of actually having cancelled it.
I was kinda expecting that ordinary phone support wouldn't be able to do any more than refer me to FTTC support, who wouldn't be in at the time. And that there was no point in updating the ticket (which had awoken itself early yesterday) to send it to the back of the queue. Which leaves the forum...
Plusnet Customer
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is there anything else you need me to do for you?
WWWombat
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
The ticket looks to be queued for action - so I'm loath to write anything on it to report that Openreach turned up, for fear of sending it to the back of the queue again.
I assume that the ticket is now either waiting for someone from the fibre team to action, or they've already started and have nothing to report yet. If that's the case, then I'm happy to wait and let them do their thing - otherwise you can give someone a kick.
But otherwise, I'm disappointed it has taken so long to rearrange - perhaps if we weren't on holiday last week, I wouldn't have taken my eye off the ball - but it doesn't look like there's anything you/I can do to progress things better/quicker at the moment.
    Mike
Plusnet Customer
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Mike,
The guy who was dealing with it last week will be in this afternoon so I'll ask him to take a look at it for you.
Jojo Smiley
WWWombat
Grafter

Ta muchly, Jojo.
You can, however, add me to the list of people disgruntled with that "feature" of tickets where they go to the back of the queue when something is added. During this process, I've found myself on a number of times holding back from adding more information, simply to avoid causing extra delays.
Plusnet Customer
WWWombat
Grafter

The BT order system finally let the change in date go through  Roll_eyes
Installation now set for the 10th.
Plusnet Customer
WWWombat
Grafter

Ah. It seems that the computer said "No", but in a very low voice, so no-one heard.  Huh
My ticket got updated at 6PM (at the end of the appointment time) to tell me the order had been cancelled by BT, and that a bridge case was being created. So 2 days more waiting, to find out if the bridge case then allows a new appointment to be made.  Roll_eyes
Plusnet Customer
WWWombat
Grafter

BT Wholesale's DSL checker ends with a paragraph that - usually - tells you how to migrate. Something like this:
Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

However, our current DSL report has this paragraph:
Note: If you have already placed an order for Broadband and now wish to change to a new supplier, then you will need to cancel the existing order with your service provider or your new request will be rejected. If you do not know who the current Service Provider is, please contact your new Service Provider, who would be able to help you to resolve this issue.

This paragraph wording seems specific to the case when a new order is present on the line - which *should* be the case for our FTTC order; certainly this wording dates from the time when we first placed the order to upgrade to fibre.
But this wording seems to stay present, even when BT's order system has canceled our appointment for us.
Plusnet Customer
WWWombat
Grafter

My problem seems to have wandered off to another thread, when it may be more appropriate brought back here...
Adam - We don't seem to be getting any kind of response out of the BT side of things here Lips_are_sealed whether it is BT Wholesale or Openreach, I'm not sure. Being ignored from pillar to post is getting a bit annoying.
As Fletch was saying about the other issue... Do we have a realistic plan for getting this resolved? Ian Livingstone, I presume? To misuse a saying...
Plusnet Customer
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

WWWombat,
It's with our BT Wholesale account manager now the next step is HLE.
Being ignored from pillar to post is getting a bit annoying.

Take a look at ticket 41083591 you'll see that a lot has been happening Smiley
I can't reassure you enough that your issue is getting the attention it deserves, it's been going on since March after all.
Again I really do thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter I'm on top of this and intend to stay there until it is resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
WWWombat
Grafter

Sorry - I obviously gave the wrong impression there - and I rearranged it to try to give the right impression!
The ignoring that is going on here is from the BT side of the fence, not the Plusnet side. I can see there's loads happening here!
Plusnet Customer
WWWombat
Grafter

But that was a bit weird... I double-checked the ticket before posting 40 minutes ago. The 3:23 entry wasn't there. I'm sure I didn't take 15 minutes to make the post Huh Oh well, maybe I did  Roll_eyes
Still, I'd have probably posted exactly the same comment ...
Plusnet Customer