Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Install Question

timw2000
Dabbler

FTTC Install Question

Hi There,
My FTTC trial is due to be installed today (13:00 -> 18:00). Its getting dark now and I just wondered if anyone can tell me if Openreach called before they turned up or whether there are any cases of no shows?
Obviously very keen to get this installed today as I have taken a day of work to have it done!
Thanks, Tim.
4 REPLIES 4
timw2000
Dabbler

Re: FTTC Install Question

FYI, BT guy has just called me to say sorry for being so late in the day but he is on his way now, I hope it all goes smoothly when he arrives Smiley
SJR01

BT just called me to inform me they can not proceed as their records are incorrect and have my line terminating in a completely different part of town:  how do I take this forward, or will the trials team book another appt?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Tim, looks like everything has gone OK. We have had a few installs where they've done it in the dark. We've had one that went wrong and had to be reverted were it got too dark to do the switch back to ADSL so had to be done the following morning but the that's about all because of the time.
SJR01 - I think you were just speaking to one of my colleagues and we had a look, we'll get an update through from BT today or early next week to let us know what needs to be done. We had a similar case a few weeks ago, what happened there was the engineer provided their base with the details of what was wrong and an another engineer was sent out on another day to correct the routing of the phone line. We then booked a new appointment for the customer and had him installed. The whole thing took a couple of weeks to do but it was during the bad weather so there were delays because of that.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
bfawcus

Hi
I'm waiting for my install (0800-1300 slot). No sign of an Openreach van, and no email /text from PlusNet other than an automated email at 0900 this morning:
"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 37684326 ] has now been returned to the Products - Fibre Trials pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible."
Is there any way that I can check on progress?
Cheers
Brian