Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Expansion?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: FTTC Expansion?

I'd love to have your problem Peter Wink    Not even a published date for WBC on my exchange
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sfxdude
Grafter

Disappointment! After waiting ages for this week as my PCP was meant to go live on the 28th (according to the dsl checker) it now seems to have been pushed back to the 22 march! Sad
I'm assuming this is just my PCP (73) - do other people in Basingstoke still have RFS dates of 28th Feb?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

I checked another that had been moved out today in Basingstoke, think it went from today to 15th March so same kind of shift.
Some more exchanges are due to be announced soon to be added to the rollout list starting in the summer and taking is through to next summer at which point they're aiming to have FTTC available to 6.3 million properties.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
edgold
Dabbler

I am getting a bit confused by the BT broadband availability checker. Last time i checked about 10 days ago it said it my house would be getting a FTTC connection of over 20meg, starting the 28th February. I decided to check it again with when people were talking about dates being delayed, and now there is no FTTC displayed. The cabinet nearest my house has been upgraded, and i think i am less than 200 meters away from it. The question is am i connected to this upgraded cabinet, or am i connected to the some other cabinet further away. Is there any way I can check this?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
Are you checking by postcode or phone number?
My data shows the same but that you're on cab 96 according to the postcode check which isn't enabled yet (and has 100% coverage of your postcode). I'll see if I can find a date for the cab.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
edgold
Dabbler

I am checking both phone number and house number/postcode. Both had my line as being active 28th February until earlier this week.
I did a bit of a broader check on house numbers for my post code, and some numbers (70) are still showing FTTC as available.
But just checked again using my phone number and now I get :
There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.
So i am guessing its just an issue with the BT system as my current ADSL and phone are working fine.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No dates showing at the moment on the data I have so that may be why it's not showing anything on the checker. It is updating on a weekly basis so I'd keep checking and see what it says.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
goatie999
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
While I have mostly given up on getting FTTC in Basingstoke any time soon (and the local campaign group seem to be ignoring all update requests), have Openreach given any further progress updates to ISPs that are not generally available through they public news website?  Like the list of fully finished DSLAMs that you kindly provided to the forum previously?
I got some information from a man in the know and now believe that I should be getting my connection via PCP 125, so I guess that is what I am really interested in.  But it is always good to understand the whole picture so I can keep the blog current 🙂
A recent comment I read recently said that the Openreach team working on FTTC deployment were moving out of the Basingstoke area around the end of Feb 2010.  My logical thought would then tell me that all 77 of Basingstoke's cabinets would be 100% ready.  Do you think that this would be correct?
Regards
Mark
http://www.leyingitout.co.uk
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Anyone know when the Cumbernauld exchange is getting FTTC?  Undecided
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Mark,
Well the good news is that you are on cab 125, and that cab 125 is in scope for FTTC and that your line can support FTTC when it's available.
The current date I have for when that will be is 23rd March. So it looks like there are delays going in. The latest cab enablement data I have for the phase 2 and 3 exchanges doesn't list any Basingstoke exchanges as being ready yet unfortunately so maybe the delay is exchange side rather than cab side if they're planning on finishing at the end of the month. Will see if I can do some more digging as Basingstoke has been by far and away the most popular area and I've several others waiting too.
Dawnrider - not on the list yet unfortunately, I have seen the provisional phase 4b and 5 exchanges which take the enablement rollout into summer 2011 and it's not on that list either unfortunately. Openreach are aiming for 25% overage of the country by 2011 I think and about 40% by summer 2012 so it stands a decent enough chance of being in the 2011 - 2012 phase as it serves a big enough area.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Be3G
Grafter

May I ask what's the current status of LNPON? (We discussed it near the beginning of this thread about a month and a half ago, so am wondering if anything's changed since then.) Just to recap, it was initially in the list of phase 3 exchanges, but I spotted a phase 3 briefing a couple of months ago from which LNPON was missing for some reason. So, is it still on course for phase 3 or am I looking at 4/5 now (or even, heaven forbid, not at all)?
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi Dave.
Any idea when (or if) the Blackburn exchange will be enabled.  Its a large market 3 exchange, and serves a resonable population.
Cheers
Chris
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Be3G - As far as I know it's still in phase 3, at least I haven't heard that it is't and I did ask the question.
penfold - It's not on the lists that I've got at the moment, but the lists are subject to change and there'll be a further big ramp up 2011 - 2012.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
sfxdude
Grafter

Hi Dave,
Basingstoke seems to have been delayed again, I've heard news that it's been moved back to phase 3 now and the mention of fibre on the adsl checker seems to have disappeared altogether for my phone number...any news regarding this?
Cheers
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: dave
Be3G - As far as I know it's still in phase 3, at least I haven't heard that it is't and I did ask the question.

Thanks for that. Last time we discussed this you said something about awaiting a ‘final notification’ for phase 3 – has this been received yet?