Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FTTC] Day 2 in FTTC house

the_norris
Grafter

[FTTC] Day 2 in FTTC house

Hi
Just like to report my findings so are and raise an problem.
Installation was smooth expect the Thompson Router was not very stable and wireless not fast enough.  Got a 40/10 connection.
Was all working fine yesterday - speeds were amazing.  BUT today (this morning) have found that my download speed are capped at 3Mbs but up load is still at 8Mbs - speeds measured on speedtest.net and mybroadbandspeed.  Also confirmed this speed will a real file transfer - Ubuntu ISO.
Also noticed that on my plusnet portal my profile is 3000.?!  Is this right?
@dave - my username is morrisinc.  I did phone support this morning - there should be a note on the existing ticket (FTTC join request)
Edit: Just done a bt speed test: IP Profile for your line is - 38717 Kbps --- Download speedachieved during the test was - 2709 Kbps
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps --- Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8100 Kbps
Phil
5 REPLIES 5
grahamt
Rising Star

Re: [FTTC] Day 2 in FTTC house

Sounds like your Plusnet profile needs adjusting. If it doesn't happen automatically over the weekend I would expect one of the staff to pick it up on Monday.
Graham
the_norris
Grafter

Hi
I did phone support on saturday morning - got the response - 'sorry, don't know about FTTC - suggest post a message on the forum' 
I would of though that 'profile' setting is the same process regardless of connection type?
Phil
Stuart5851

Getting the exact same problem, Download limited to 3 meg but upload running at 7.5 to 8 meg.
How do you find out your profile speed
the_norris
Grafter

Hi
Dave sorted it yesterday - thanks.
Problem is that a change in my connection sync under normal ADSL2+ triggered a profile change that  was on the way to PlusNet to update there system.  This process can take upto 24hrs - so the update got to PlusNet after the FTTC install completed .
You can check this setting @ https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Should read 20000 for FTTC - this is the max setting or unlimited.  So don't worry is stays 20Mb (20000) - this is documented somewhere else on this forum. Edit: Link to post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,87581.msg732713.html#msg732713
Log a call with Plusnet - if the support person does not know that to do - ask if it can be logged and assigned to Dave.
Phil
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about the delay in resolving this for you, Dave or I set your profile to 20,000 when we place the FTTC order but if a Delta report is received between then and your FTTC installation it will automatically be dropped to whatever the Delta report said.
However, it's an easy fix Smiley