cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC 80/20 Trial and Hello

chrisdixon2

FTTC 80/20 Trial and Hello

Greetings all I hope all are well today.
Thought I would say hi and update on my first few minutes on the 80/20 trial!
First thing I noticed was a massive increase in the upload speed to 13mb, As of yet I have not seen an increase in download speed (was getting 37mb before and still the same).
Has anyone had any problems setting up the strangely reconfigured TG582n by the way? I keep getting kicked out of the admin pages every minute or so. Did a factory reset and the same thing happened. I am going to try later in IE (as was using Safari / Firefox).
If anyone is interested in the setup I have I am currently using the supplied netgear -> a Gigabit switch -> My desktop. I only have my phone on wireless another desktop,  fileserver and printer also connected to the switch.

I will update as I go!

Chris
7 REPLIES 7
chrisdixon2

Re: 80/20 Trail and Hello

Update: Learnt to read other posts before asking about router issues.
chrisdixon2

Re: 80/20 Trial and Hello

Well day 2 and i am still showing 37down and 12 up. Anyone got any ideas?
willm888
Dabbler

davidcrocker
Dabbler

Like you I got the increased upload speed straight away, however the download speed stayed at 37Mbps. I had to reboot the BT modem to get the increased download speed.
chrisdixon2

Smiley Thanks I will leave it off for a while and see what happens. If nothing I will raise a ticket as the profile is set too 37.
Still I am happy as I have come up from 6mb on ADSL!
chrisdixon2

Contacted Customer services team to change the profile as when I checked my profile https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed it was set to '37', got a very fast response (cheers!) and now switched to '20'. Additionally he said my 'exchange profile' is at 79Mbps so when I get home tonight I will do some playing 🙂  !
chrisdixon2

Re: FTTC 80/20 Trial and Hello

OK I have been dong speedtests and generally using the connection as much as I can and seem t get a bit of a mixed bag:
1: Speed tests even within a few seconds of each other can varyas much as 40mb
2: My ping times are also all over the place
3: This happens regardless of whether I use the router or a connection straight to my PC
4: I am going to try setting up a Debian box I have later to act as a router / DHCP server etc, I will share my experience then if anyoneis interested.