Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic connection

beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Erratic connection

If anyone from Digital Team is picking up while Dave is away:
We went live on Dec 17, since when service has been flaky to say the least. Longest continuous uptime so far has been 35 hours, outages can be a few minutes or a whole day
After 2 engineer visits BTO reported that they had found multiple breaks in the fibre 30m forward of the splitter (which I reckon puts it at the base of the pole) and that a line engineer had been dispatched to take a look. That was dec 24.
Was just wondering if BTO have posted any updates / timescales for repairs. Things are getting fraught in the household, what with university assignments etc to be done. Outages seem to be loosely weather related, so I have some doubts that a simple cable replacement will solve the problem
6 REPLIES 6
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Erratic connection

It might be worth just PM'ing one of the DC guys about this thread in case they've not seen it already.
beeceegee
Pro

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll shortly be away for the weekend, so I can pick up with Dave on his return Monday
Connection awful today - maximum 5 min continuous uptime
Had conflicting view from the 2 engineers who have been out so far:
#1  - cannot be the fibre, it either works or it doesn't; will swap out  the ONT if problem continues
#2 - cannot be the ONT, variable light readings caused by damaged fibres
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
My understanding is that FTTP faults can be raised in exactly the same way as any others, via http://faults.plus.net - if you raise it that way beeceegee our team will get on it and get it tested for you. Dave will still be able to take a look of course but I'd recommend raising it as soon as possible.
beeceegee
Pro

Thanks Matt - the fault is already raised with BTO by Dave last week, and my understanding is that cable needs to be replaced. Was just wondering if they had given any updates. Having said that, we have been away since lunchtime Friday, and on the evidence of the webcams we left running the connection may have been up continuously since we left   Huh  Will know better when we return on Sunday.
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just added an update to ticket 78752096. Hope that gets sorted soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
beeceegee
Pro

Well fingers crossed it might just be sorted.  Cool
About 14.15 yesterday the flashing PON & LOS lights went out, then the LOS light went steady red, then went out and the green PON light came on steady; 21 hours now continuous uptime. I suspect it was an exchange fault all along - the 5 engineers who were investigating on Tuesday found nothing locally, and there wasn't an engineer in sight yesterday.
Now steaming along on 80/20, even clocked a 63/21 speedtest result on wireless through 2 walls  Grin