cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop the copper

MrMot
Grafter

Drop the copper

I'm almost at the end of my 18 month contract and as such would like to drop the copper element of my subscription.

Do I have to wait for my contract to expire or can the cancellation be placed on my account to take effect when my contract concludes?

9 REPLIES 9
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Drop the copper

However it's done you've done the right thing in posting on here so you get an FTTP advisor to respond.

General support staff know little if anything about FTTP.

Brian

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @MrMot,

Any contractual change applies for the next billing date so this can be organised if you are within the last month of your Fibre contract.

The Retention team are in charge of downgrades. You can contact them as per the following contact information below:

Telephone number:
0800 013 2632

Opening Times:
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
MrMot
Grafter

@Beyhive 

Is this not something that is usually taken care of by the FTTP team? I don't want to get retentions involved and potentially cause issues with my connection.

It seems that other FTTP users have simply posted on to achieve the removal of their line rental..

bmc
Hero

@MrMot 

As you're on the FTTP Trial you don't get offered any deals so you don't actually need a contract. You just end up on a monthly 30 day contract. I'm assuming you're aware there is a £2.50pm surcharge for internet only.

This will get picked up eventually by an FTTP trained advisor.

Brian

MrMot
Grafter

@bmc 

Yes, I'm aware as I lost discount I previously enjoyed as an FTTC customer when moving to FTTP. I also have no issue with the £2.50 surcharge. I don't have a master socket/NTE5 connected to the copper pair coming into my house and haven't since moving to FTTP so I'm currently paying £10pm for nothing and would rather pay £2.50.

Since moving to FTTP a year ago I have followed this forum closely so am quite familiar with how things are done - hence my reluctance to deal with retentions. I would rather have FTTP trained staff make any changes.

It seems strange that @Beyhive has suggested I call rententions rather than make the change like I have seen many times in the past on this forum. Hopefully this will be cleared up.

bmc
Hero

@MrMot 

As it's a "Trial" the product doesn't appear as part of the main stream support packages used by staff nor are many of them trained to deal with any problems with FTTP.

@Beyhive  was probably giving the standard reply.

Brian

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @MrMot,

I am sorry for the confusion caused. I completely misread your original post.

I have created a ticket on your account, please click here to view my response. Please let us know once you've replied back to the ticket.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
MrMot
Grafter

Thanks @Beyhive 

I've just viewed the ticket and am happy to reply as requested although there isn't an option to reply as it's marked as awaiting staff response.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @MrMot, I believe there should be a button that says "I need to add more information" or something along those lines.

It looks like the ticket has been escalated to you and should be in a state in which it can be responded to.

If you're still having issues with this, could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing please (Feel free to PM me this if you'd prefer)

Thanks.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet