cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop my telephone line

readingg
Grafter

Drop my telephone line

I am on the FTTP trial (and have been for a number of years).  I am thinking of switching to Vonage (other VOIP providers are available!) and dropping my telephone line rental with PlusNet.  Vonage allows you to keep your existing telephone number too.  So I would drop my line rental, keep my existing FFTP package, and get Vonage to pick up my old telephone number.  I understand from another post that this should all be possible now and that there is no need to keep renting a landline.  I haven't yet contacted Vonage to set-up an account as I wanted to check how it would all work.
Can you tell me how I go about doing this - it is obviously very important that I don't lose my existing broadband, and also that I keep my existing telephone number.
6 REPLIES 6
readingg
Grafter

Re: Drop my telephone line

Can anyone help on this.  Looks like I need MelRocks or MattyC to respond.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've raised a ticket on your account to ensure the request is coming from you via the account as opposed to via the forums.
Please can you respond to me via the ticket and I'll pick that up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
readingg
Grafter

Well my phone line has now been ceased, and I now have a VOIP connection via Vonage.  The Vonage contract is only £8.00 a month, and includes unlimited landline calls, and caller display, and the quality appears to be the same, so quite a saving.
ravingkamikaze
Grafter

so if u drop the copper phone line do u then no longer have to pay line rental as well?
readingg
Grafter

That's right: no copper phone line = no line rental

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Although you do have to pay the extra £2.50 a month to Plusnet for only buying broadband Smiley

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT