Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery time on routers?

mikeyriot
Grafter

Delivery time on routers?

Just wondering if anyone can help.

Question:
How long did it take for you to recieve your router once Plusnet confirmed your booking and posted one out? I ask as my FTTC install date is next Tuesday and I recieved confirmation on both parts last Wednesday.
Thanks in advance
Mike
7 REPLIES 7
leng
Grafter

Re: Delivery time on routers?

My router arrived on friday or saturday for a monday appointment.  This was about a week after confirmation.
mikeyriot
Grafter

Awesome, so I needn't worry just yet then  Smiley
Thanks leng
grazy1979
Grafter

I changed over to FTTC yesterday and my router arrived on Sunday, yep Sunday by royal mail was rather surprised to see royal mail turn up on a Sunday, I suppose they must have had a back log of post here.
fuiste

I signed up one of my referrals that I support last week.
On Tuesday morning I was given a date for BT engineer visit and once I accepted the date in the case I got a text to say the router had been shipped.
It arrived on Wednesday morning (but my BT enegineer date is still a couple of weeks away - still a bit of a backlog in parts of NI).
Cheers,
Conor.
mikeyriot
Grafter

Still waiting.......come on Royal Mail, you've got 1day left to get it to me and I'm feeling anxious! I soooo dont want to have no connection come Tuesday!
In the case it does not arrive in time, could anyone tell me if my current router (speedtouch 585v6) will suffice? It supports PPPoE. I know its not N rated (all my connections are Wifi) so my d/l speeds will suffer, but its better than zero speed!
leng
Grafter

Remember that if the router does not arrive you can connect the new modem directly to your pc via ethernet, so you are not completely cut off. 
If you have PC with dual ethernet ports you can then use Internet sharing to allow other PCs on your local net to connect up.  Just remember if you do this that you need a good firewall on the machine connected to the modem.
mikeyriot
Grafter

Thanks again leng, not really an option as I'd have to drill through a wall and ceiling or relocate my bedroom lol. On the brightside, I've just retuned home from work to find the router waiting for me on the stairs! Gonna fire it up now.
Thanks for your help everyone
Mike