cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLChecker vs Openreach

NeedForSpeed

DSLChecker vs Openreach

Does anyone know if there is usually a lag between Openreach updating their website and BT updating theirs?

Openreach is telling me I can order FTTP, but when I raised the FTTP Trial ticket (#173973577) I was told that I can't order until the BT DSL checker updates.  

As I can't get FTTC I'm currently stuck on not-quite-broad ADSL so I'm desperate for improvement.

(I've attached both screenshots)

16 REPLIES 16
Mattybully
Grafter

Re: DSLChecker vs Openreach

I had the same issue and openreach site is actually a little premature, they say ready to order but in actual fact there was some back end connecting that needed to be done for the exchanges. 

I beleive it was around 4/6 weeks between the two actually correlating..

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Use the post code version of the DSL checker to check neighbouring addresses - lust in cast there's an error with your address.

Other than that it's just a case of checking daily until FTTP shows up and then re-submit your ticket,.

Brian

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I think my FTTC records were the same as @Mattybully's, so it could be just a waiting game.  One question though, did you use your phone number for both of them?  The postcode search can be inaccurate at times.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@bmc wrote:

- lust in cast there's an error with your address.

Brian

I know some people find FTTP sexy but that's taking it too far.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
NeedForSpeed

Believe me, I'm definitely lusting after faster broadband.  I made the fatal mistake when I moved 3 years ago of assuming that a new build estate would have FTTC available. (It wasn't!) and I've suffered with 2-3Mbps ADSL ever since.  I'm desperate to get back to streaming video that doesn't buffer!!!

And to answer @pjmarsh and @bmc - As well as checking with my phone number, I've used the address checker up and down my road and we're served by two cabinets and while Openreach says all of them can order FTTP, BT aren't updated yet

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@bmc wrote:

Use the post code version of the DSL checker to check neighbouring addresses - lust in cast there's an error with your address.

To be pedantic, I believe using the Postcode Checker doesn't return any results for FTTP.  What you need to do is use the Address Checker but then enter only the Postcode.  After you click 'submit' you are presented with a drop-down selection of relevant addresses.  Wink

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @NeedForSpeed

I've checked on a few different systems and it seems to vary depending which systems I check, as you've said.

Unfortunately the form I sent off for the last FTTP one I dealt with on the forums won't work for this one as your address is showing as a Brownfield site and note a Greenfield site.

I have however raised a TAGs query with BT Wholesale to see if they can give us any more info or point us in the right direction to query the discrepancies.

Hopefully we'll have some news some time next week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@NeedForSpeed

Other than checking the DSL Checker daily there is one other thing you could try - use your UPRN number. The Unique Property Reference Number is used by all and sundry - see

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/uprn.htm

I found mine by doing an address search on the planning department page of my local council.

Brian

arley

What are the benefits of using UPRN rather than telephone number?

We're in an area that according to 'Connecting Cheshire' should have been connected to FTTP before 'Summer 2017' and following some work including laying the black/yellow cables over a year ago nothing yet has happened! Keep checking both DSL checker and Openreach weekly but still no dates etc.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@arley wrote:

It could show a discrepancy in the OR database?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@NeedForSpeed

I've just checked DSL Checker using the Access Line ID of your line and it's pretty much the same result.

I've also checked the TAGs query Harry raised. BTW have advised us to raise this with Openreach, so I've completed a formwize to their fibre availability enquiries team. We should hear back within 7 working days but sometimes sooner.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@arley wrote:

The property must have a UPRN but may not have a phone number. Or the phone number may belong to Virgin so will not appear on the BTW Checker.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bmc
Hero

Also, if it's a new build the address itself may not be on the OpenReach database but the UPRN should be.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

News just in (And was reminded by the thanks/like I was given on my post)

We've got two updates from the fibre availability enquiries team on the back of the formwizes me and Harry sent over. There's a potential capacity issue which they're investigating, and they're also investigating with BT Wholesale too.

We should have another update within 7-10 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet