Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Checker - New Speed Limit on FTTP showing

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

DSL Checker - New Speed Limit on FTTP showing

Just checked the DSL Checker today and found that it is now reporting WBC FTTP speeds for upto 1000Mbps download and 220Mbps upload speeds.

So wonder what product is coming down the line from BT plc?

DSL Checker FTTP.PNG

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
8 REPLIES 8
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: DSL Checker - New Speed Limit on FTTP showing

Just checked mine - showing the same.

Brian

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@SpendLessTime

Thanks for the heads-up, just checked mine and it's still showing 330/50, but something to keep an eye on.  Wink

Not that I'll likely be able to afford any product which encompasses those speeds!

SpendLessTime
Hero

I doubt I will either in the short term.

But it might bring pressure onto the 330Mbps Infinity 4 product range to cause a price drop, he said hopefully.

f513toy
Grafter

Yes mine shows the same. I live in Milton Keynes where Vodafone and CityFibre are installing a town wide Gigabit FTTP service - meant to be up and running by the end of the year - will be interesting to see prices and how Plusnet / BT respond to the challenge.

SpendLessTime
Hero

@RobPN wrote:

Not that I'll likely be able to afford any product which encompasses those speeds!

Wholesale pricing has now been found out by Thinkbroadband and reported there and at ISPReview

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/05/1gbps-fttp-service-surfaces-on-bt-wholesale-availabili...

Openreach actually launched their Gigabit “full fibre” tier, as well as a 500Mbps (165Mbps upload) option, ...

The two faster tiers cost £505 +vat for connection (one-off) and the monthly rental is £90 +vat for 500Mbps and £135 +vat for a full Gigabit (data-only service). The prices are effective from 1st June 2018.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

The ThinkBroadband article gives more detail than ISPReview.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8052-bt-wholesale-now-showing-availability-of-wbc-fttp-gigabit-s...

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Those speeds do look pretty nice.

Unfortunately I can't share any plans as to when/if we'll provide faster FTTP speeds than 80mbps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

After reading about someone getting different results on the DSL Checker (using the Address Checker - enter Postcode only - dropdown list method) for different variations of the same address I was curious and thought I'd check my own as I'd previously noticed there are two entries for my address (with and without an old house-name).  Whilst doing so I was pleasantly surprised to see that the listed FTTP speeds had changed since a week or two ago and are now showing as 1000/220 Mbps.  Smiley

Both address variations show FTTP available (unlike the other customer linked to above) but give different results regarding ADSL availability, and when I checked using my phone number I get a discrepancy in expected ADSL speeds, not that I expect to be using ADSL again.  Wink

1st Address variation;

Address1.png

2nd Address variation;

Address2.png

Phone number;

Phone1.png