cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copper landline disconnecting tomorrow (1st September 2017)

chris1610
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Copper landline disconnecting tomorrow (1st September 2017)

My landline number is schedule to move to a VOIP provider tomorrow  (1st September 2017.)  Apparently all involved understand it's just the landline service that's supposed to be ceasing, and because my internet is fttp rather than fttc there is no danger of the internet being automatically cut off at the same time. 

Just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone is available to make sure nothing goes wrong, I know it's been suggested in the past that this is a good idea.

4 REPLIES 4
chris1610
Grafter

Re: Copper landline disconnecting tomorrow (1st September 2017)

For anyone else thinking of signing up for the trial while still within contract for ADSL, be aware that you might end in contract for both fttp and copper line for 18 months from the date you join the trial. I think I received one email on roughly on the day of change to fttp that hinted at a new contract end date, but said nothing explicitly about my phone. Apparently both my internet and phone had been re-contracted for 18 months, without it really being discussed or spelled out. I had a very long chat with someone in customer service and managed to convince them that I'd not agreed to be re-contracted for phone, as it had always been my intention to migrate to VOIP once fttp was working.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @chris1610

@chris1610 wrote:

For anyone else thinking of signing up for the trial while still within contract for ADSL, be aware that you might end in contract for both fttp and copper line for 18 months from the date you join the trial.

You absolutely shouldn't as default. Part of the trial terms are that you will retain your current contract, which is the option the advisor should select when changing the package (As opposed to a new 12/18/24 month contract)

Apologies that you had to have a long chat to get this sorted when it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

In regards to the phone line, it should be fine, but I'll aim to check your account tomorrow to ensure everything is in order and make sure there's nothing in place to close it following the removal of the phone line. As standard if there's no phone line, our billing team would close the account as a phone line would generally be required and it's quite easy to over look the trial FTTP on an account with how rare this type of thing comes up.

Thanks for giving us a heads up here Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chris1610
Grafter

Thanks Harry.

Interested to hear there was a mistake with the contracts. I don't mind that the internet contract is extended, I would have extended anyway in a couple of months when the old contract was due to end. Apparently as a result of the chat I will only be charged an early leaving fee for the phone calculated to the end of the old contract. (Though I did subsequently receive an email quoting a larger amount. I'm assuming this was an erroneous automated calculation, and that the chat case note will take priority.)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@chris1610 wrote:
 I'm assuming this was an erroneous automated calculation, and that the chat case note will take priority.

That's right. From looking at your account I can see we've got this in hand.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet