cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Twiglet
Dabbler

Connection issues

Hi, I've been on the FTTP trial for a number of years with no issues at all. Over the last few days I've had intermittent connection issues, particularly in the evenings. I think it's 'dropping out' rather than an overall speed issue.

Today my connection is terrible, and video calling or even editing Office 365 documents online is impossible. I've restarted my LNB and router to no avail. Neighbours on BT not reporting any issues. Any ideas? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Connection issues

Hello,

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've tested your FTTP service and the tests aren't showing any issues. Are your devices connecting wirelessly to your router or do you have a laptop/computer you plug into your router using ethernet cable you have issues with too?

Also are you still using the Hub Zero router we've sent or have you since bought your own?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Twiglet
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for getting back to me! The devices are connecting wirelessly, we can't permanently wire them due to the location of the LNB/Router and our laptops don't have ethernet ports so we can't plug them in for a test without ordering an adapter. All devices are affected.

There isn't any sign of WiFi signal dropping out (that I can see anyway), just the onward internet connection.

We're still using the Hub Zero but this is plugged into a dual band TP Link router.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the post back @Twiglet 

No problem, does your TP link router have a log file showing the disconnections?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Twiglet
Dabbler

Thanks - unfortunately it only shows the last hour or so when ironically it's been working ok. It's normally terrible between 7-pm so I'll keep an eye out. 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Twiglet  Why do you need to use the Hub zero and the TP-link? Are you using the TP-Link as an ethernet connected wireless access point if that is a configurable option. Two devices in router mode is likely to lead to problems. Could you just use the TP-Link as the router and ditch the Plusnet Hub?

Twiglet
Dabbler

@RealAleMadrid We were just using the TP Link as a wireless access point as we needed the 5GHz. I've now ditched the hub and set the TP-Link up as the router, and done a firmware upgrade. Now have a blistering 72 Mbps over wifi (1.5 Mbps when it was up and down yesterday, around 15 Mbps was standard) so it's definitely made a difference. Difficult to tell if it's definitely fixed as it was so intermittent but fingers crossed.

Thanks both for your help!