Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change FTTP Package

misterbreen
Grafter

Change FTTP Package

Hi.

I'm currently on the 80/20 FTTP package. All is working well, but it might be a bit more than I need.

Is it possible to downgrade to the 40/10 FTTP package? Is that possible?

I take it I would then save £5 a month? There wouldn't be any 'penalties' in doing performing this?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Change FTTP Package

Hi there.
This should be perfectly fine.

I've raised ticket onto your account with more information which you can view and reply to from Here.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
misterbreen
Grafter

I've replied to the ticket. Thanks for your help.

misterbreen
Grafter

Hi there.

My move to the 40/10 FTTP package went well (as expected).

However, in the last few days Ive noticed my connection speed maxing out at 20Meg (fairly consistently).

Could someone check that I've not been downgraded further?

Many thanks.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@misterbreen

A quick check is to first log onto the Member Centre and then go to this URL as it sounds like your speed has been set to an ADSL speed.

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

EDIT And now Plusnet have added the option to check tickets from the Members Centre. Go to "Manage Account" and then click on "Help Assistant". The ticket wizard is then one of the options available to you under "Your Questions"

More details are https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/New-website-total-rubbish/m-p/1586648#M83012

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like the profile on your account set itself at 21mbps for some reason on the 18th and due to the way your service routes across our network it restricted your speeds. I've manually reset it back to 40mbps now.

If you can reboot your router you should see higher speeds again. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
misterbreen
Grafter

Hi. My download seems to be stuck on 10mb, rather than my requested 40/10 FTTP.

Could you look into this and perform a fix?

Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our tests aren't showing any issues and I can't see anything restricting your speeds.

As I can see your connection has been ongoing for the past 20 days with no drops can you reboot your router first?

If you're still having issues following this can you confirm if your devices are connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and I'd recommend trying the steps Here.

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, to investigate further please connect your computer/laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and run the BT Speedtester service at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

You must ensure that you have no other programs running at the same time such as streaming, general browsing and the most common one is antivirus programs downloading updates in the background.

Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics then type in your phone number circuit ID(BBEU) which I've emailed you and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the BT server for investigation.

Once you have completed this, please report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net letting us know over here once you've completed it and we'll make sure it is picked up as soon as possible.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet