cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled but still getting bills ?

Dabbler

Cancelled but still getting bills ?

Hi,
I'm asking this here as I know fttp is dealt with slightly differently so wanted the correct answer.
I was with Plusnet for fttp on the trial until mid December and only moved providers to get a higher speed.
Anyway, I placed the order with BT, they obviously notified yourselves as I had the sorry you're leaving text and email and my service with BT went live. Anyway today I have received a full bill, for the whole month. I thought I might have got a small bill for the changeover period but the portal says my next bill will be in February and still lists my products as live.

Can anyone help me straighten this out ?

Thank you,
Kevin
5 REPLIES 5
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Re: Cancelled but still getting bills ?

PN Billing department has been in a mess for at least 2 years and there is little evidence it will improve soon.

Providing you are sure you do not owe them any money I would cancel your direct debit and keep copies of any emails that threaten you with court action.

Dabbler

Thank you for the reply. I don't know what I owe as I'm not sure if bills are in arrears or in advance. I paid for a full month at the start of December. I expected a half bill this month. I don't really want to be cancelling my DD until I'm positive I'm fully paid up.

I've tweeted their help account too. Hopefully someone who can help will pick it up.

Kevin.
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@maltloafs wrote:
Can anyone help me straighten this out ?

In reality only Plusnet staff can sort out the mess that you are in. As you say, you have had the acknowledgment that you are leaving, so no excuse for the foul up. I do know that when I left I got a small final bill. Once that had been paid, I cancelled the DD. I then got a further email saying I should reinstate the DD! Yeah, sure. No chance.

FWIW, if you don't get anywhere with phoning etc (a lot of companies seem to be using Covid as an excuse for poor service), I tend to find that signed for, snail mail (in reality next day delivery) is usually the way to go and doesn't cost much. Keep copies etc. Works wonders.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Dabbler

Thank you, I've just spoken to customer services who initially said it wasn't closed because I hadn't spoken to cancellations department (even though the email said I didn't need to do anything) then said there had been a delay in cancelling my account but was able to do it immediately on the phone, as I received emails while still speaking saying it had been cancelled he also thinks I'll be getting 1.5 months of payments back as I've overpaid ? Doesn't sound right to me but will see what happens.
Dabbler

Hi is there anyone here that can help with this ? I've just had a full bill taken despite leaving a whole month ago.

We can't do without this money !
Nothing has moved with my account, the portal says the same as it has for weeks. In process of closing.

Thank you.
Kevin