Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I take part in the FTTP Trial?

zubel
Community Veteran

Can I take part in the FTTP Trial?

Fibre to the Cabinet
First up, check This Link to see if your exchange has an FTTC date.
Next up check the FTTC Checker to see if your cabinet has been upgraded.  If all is well, you will see something similar to the following:
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 22Mbps and upstream line speed of 9.9Mbps.
Once the Availability checker confirms that you can receive FTTC, you should do the following:
Read the FTTC Terms and Conditions
Read the FTTC FAQ

Finally, once you've gone through all the legal bumpf, you'll need to raise a ticket here asking to be put on the trial.

Fibre to the Premises
You will need to check out this thread for details, including whether your exchange is enabled.  At this point, only a couple of exchanges are being used for the FTTP trial.

Important note:  This is a trial, and as such things can go wrong.  This may leave you without a working internet connection for several days.  Please only go on the trial if you are willing to accept that things may go wrong.
Cheers
B.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can I take part in the FTTC / FTTP Trial?

Important note for would be triallists
Please note that there is currently a backlog of orders due to high demand so lead time is approximately 6 weeks
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Please note we are in the process of handing over provisioning work to our support team. As such ticket answer times will be around 1-2 weeks while they get up to speed.
FTTC Order lead times
-----------------------
Most of England, Scotland and Wales: 3 - 4 weeks
Berkshire, Surrey, Hampshire - 4-5 weeks
Northern Ireland: 4-6 weeks
FTTP Order lead times
----------------------
Bradwell Abbey: 1 - 2 weeks
Highams Park: - TBA
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Folks,
We've now closed the residential FTTC trial to any new applicants. Residential customers wishing to have an FTTC connection will now be directed to www.plus.net/fibre to sign up for the new residential FTTC products.
Jojo Smiley