cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I join the FTTC trial and what are the options?

johnmob

Can I join the FTTC trial and what are the options?

Hi - I've just spotted the new BT FTTC cabinet in my town. I've checked your list of exchanges and it is listed there (Saintfield code is NISD).
I'm not 100% if it is actually done and live and available based on the following:
Can I take part and if so what are costs and options going forward?
For Telephone Number 028XXXXXXXX on Exchange SAINTFIELD
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 3Mbps.
Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st January 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 13.3Mbps and upstream line speed of 3.9Mbps.
The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.
If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.
Thank you for your interest.

2 REPLIES 2
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Can I join the FTTC trial and what are the options?

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st January 2011

No FTTC for a while yet I'm afraid! There are no costs involved in the trial and no 'options' as such. You stay on your current package and pay the same monthly price. We will be announcing packages and price points towards the end of the trial when triallists will have the option to change to an FTTC product (if new ones are created) or revert to ADSL / ADSL2+.
johnmob

Re: Can I join the FTTC trial and what are the options?

Thanks Ben
I'm just going to have to wait I guess Cry