cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been accepted on the FTTP Trial for 12 months and still not connected!

mkeat100
Grafter

Been accepted on the FTTP Trial for 12 months and still not connected!

I have resisted voicing an opinion on an open forum but feel now is the time to take the issue a little further. On the 13/8/2014 I requested and was accepted onto the FTTP trial following a barrage of flyers from all ISP's stating that we could now connect with speeds up to 300mbps. The initial request resulted in a survey conducted by BT Openreach that resulted in a potential cost for installation. This follows a 97% installation of FTTP throughout our village with no option for FTTC. We are situated 100m on from the underground ducting that has an FTTP connection, remote farms and dwellings situated up to 1 mile from habitation have been connected but we appear to be an issue. BT Openreach have marked the roads suggesting underground connections 3 times (including New Years Day 2015!!!!!) and have forwarded a quote to Plusnet to install which was accepted in May 2015 by PS. For the last 3 months I have received communication stating that PS has tried to order but has been unsuccessful. I assume the issue lies with BT Openreach but this is not clear.
Can a member of staff from PS chase this issue? the FTTP reference and order numbers are outlined below:-
Ref: 89958580
3-119150837050
Post Code: PL30 3JZ
I can appreciate that we are lucky to have FTTP but it is extremely frustrating that no progress is being made. A mere line extension would connect an additional 10 - 15 properties some of which are also on the FTTP trial. I am tempted to dig the road up and install myself.
Cheers 
16 REPLIES 16
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Been accepted on the FTTP Trial for 12 months and still not connected!

I'm sorry that this has gone on so long. As you're probably aware; a lot of this has been due to politics. I'm in the process of getting your order amalgamated with the previous one, and then we can press on with the incremental build.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mkeat100
Grafter

Matt,  
Thank you for the response, Mark has been in contact regarding the installation and has stated that they are waiting for cables to be installed so I guess an order has finally been accepted by BT Openreach. Hopefully we will see some action soon. It would be useful if we were given some timescales.
Regards
Martin
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat): CSA full name removed as per the forum rules.]
mkeat100
Grafter

MattyC,
Can you provide an update regarding our fttp install?
The fttp team did respond 2 weeks ago stating that they are waiting for cables to be installed, hopefully  blown fibre! Which i assume has now been ordered,I have not received communication to the effect that PS have been successful in ordering after 4 months of trying!!!
Unfortunately no dates have been forwarded re installation or potential connection. I would like to know where the delay lies, presumably OR!
An official response from the head of your customer services team seemed to action some response when I last asked for info, I do not want to involve customer services each time I request info, as you can appreciate 54 weeks into the  install with no sign of any movement is extremely frustrating!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I've contacted OR this morning and they're still working on the cabling. We should hopefully have a timescale for you soon. Apologies for the ongoing delays.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mkeat100
Grafter

MattyC,
Thank you for the response, please chase OR as they only appear to be working on new overhead connections from poles. OR are circulating but do not appear to have undertaken any work to date on the extension to our nearest point of connection. The inspection chamber for our underground connection is visible from our property and hasn't been touched since the infrastructure was installed in late 2013. The road was marked for potential works on the 01.01.2015 but hasn't been revisited. I look forward to timescales from Plusnet.
Thanks
mkeat100
Grafter

MattyC
Another month has passed and I still haven't received any communication regarding the ongoing progress of ref 89958580.Please note the Fttp trial team have requested payment for the installation of fibre £1065.18 (03/09/15), this follows previous requests for installation costs on the 30/10/2014 for the sum of £3520.63 which PN accepted to pay on the 13/05/2015. The mixed messages give me little confidence in the service that you are provding.
Following requests to finance the installation I was amazed to find on 02/10/15 (pm) BT Openreach sub contractors Telenet Carrillion installing two telegraph poles that were included in the initial quote received on the 03/09/15, does this potentially mean that they may finally extend the FTTP. I did speak to the contractors and they couldn't provide any clarity apart from the fact that the new poles would accept Fttp. Please can you follow up and identify if BT Openreach are going to finalise the works it will save the constant dialogue and chasing.
Regards M 
mkeat100
Grafter

Can someone from the FTTP trial team please provide an update regarding the installation of fibre relating to my order 89958580 (August 2014). Following months of correspondance and requests to pay for the installation £3.5k (October 2014) which Plusnet agreed to pay in May 2015 then reneged requesting £1.2k  during September 2015 BT Openreach have installed the infrastructure. On the 27th October a Plusnet representative contacted me stating that BT  Openreach will undertake part 1 of the install on the 28th October and complete with part 2 on the 5th November. These dates were sent as provisional which I accept but it would be useful if we were given some clarity to ensure that someone is available to meet the engineers.
Please can you provide a timely response as I have updated the 89958580 thread without response, to date Openreach engineers have attended ad hoc without a clue as to how to proceed. I have stated that I will assist to finalise the installation to the extent that if any trenching is required I can instigate. Zero communication doesn't help, I do not want this to run into the 3rd calendar year before install is completed.
Regards  M
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: mkeat100
... and requests to pay for the installation £3.5k (October 2014) ...

Regarding excess construction costs (ECC) for your installation, you may be interested in this and this which give details of a special offer presently running for FTTP ECC in Cornwall.
It may also be worth contacting Richard Hutchinson ( richard@superfastcornwall.org ) at Superfast Cornwall to see if he can give you any more info on that matter.
mkeat100
Grafter

RobPN
Thank you for the contacts. Unfortunately PN are not providing install updates, i was given a first phase installation date 3 weeks ago, OR didnt attend and i have received no install communication since. The latest correspondance has been a message stating that my order has been cancelled because it has timed out, i am not suprised after 17 months! Strangely approximately  a week ago 3 OR vans arrived and spent the entire day looking down inspection chambers and ducts without any apparent productivity. I can only hope that they return with a cable drum of fibre!!
Regards
mkeat100
Grafter

Please can someone from Plusnet chase BT Openreach!!!!!!
A BT OR Engineer attended on the 28/11/2015 to undertake the 1st phase of the install after 60+ weeks of waiting only to tell me that the infrastructure has been completed but the fibre has not been installed in the ducting. I find it incredible that BT OR just send engineers out without reviewing job status, this follows two attempts to install during October 2015 when then infrastructure and ducting was not completed.
I contacted the Plusnet Customer Services for an update having received no communication from the FTTP whatsoever on the 11/12/15 at which point they stated that BT OR will not take any further action until they meet on the 18/01/2016 to discuss further rollout, yet another 5 weeks of waiting.
The incompetence and poor management regarding install is incredible, particularly when the last engineer stated that if the fibre was present in the ducting he could complete his work in 2 hours and phase 2 would take no more than a morning because our property looked like an easy install!!!!!
I await a positive response
mkeat100
Grafter

Hi, Can you provide an update regarding the install of our FTTP connection? We are now in year 3 of the install. I have recently received the router but have received no further communication. Poles and ducting were installed in September 2015 and BT OR have visited on a number of occassions to tell me that they cant install because fibre hasnt been blown into the ducting. BT OR must have some serious internal comms issues! As they visited in October and November. This morning BT OR turned up walked around with a measuring wheel and departed before I had the chance to enquire if they are going to work on the install. The last engineer stated that if the fibre was present at the pole he could complete the install in a morning. Any feedback would be useful. Cheers
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately it looks like we received the following update about 45 minutes ago Sad
Awaiting additional nodes to increase the capacity. Mail sent to concerned team for an update. NRD: 26/01/2016
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mkeat100
Grafter

So in simple terms I guess  this means that we have to wait for the installation of a fttp aggregation node to be installed onto one of the poles before installation can progress as suggested by the BT engineer who was sent to complete the install in November. Frustratingly these green aggregation nodes have been fitted to poles throughout our village to the remotest of areas supplying single dwellings who are unlikely to link to FTTP. Do you have any idea re timescales?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately we haven't been given any idea of a time scale and from past experience with an FTTP order that went a similar way (Although not for quite as long as this one) it's not easy to obtain an accurate time scale. All we can really do at this stage is check for further updates after the review dates that are provided.
The review date given is when BTWholesale expect to receive an update from Openreach, so we should be able to obtain further updates the day after the date given if we haven't received anything before.
I completely understand your frustration with this and I do appreciate your patience with this ongoing matter.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet