cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad service

manclad44
Dabbler

Re: Bad service

Sick of ringing into them now though, must have rang every couple of days for over two weeks now.
Latest was last night. Was told again they are waiting for BT to contact them which I still find unacceptable.
Speaking to the customer assistant I asked , do you have a dial up number so I can at least get a basic connection. First was told it would not work over fibre but I insisted it should be able to work over the bt line. She went to check and came back with a dial up number.
It has worked and since looking around for settings on the plusnet website (as they did not give me anything but the number) I found out on the surrport page that this number should have been given as standard when the original fault ticket was raised.
Come on Plusnet ,Please train your staff to do fault checking and customer care.
Utter rubbish!!!
manclad44
Dabbler

Well got some sort of fibre connection back now , only taken 22 days to get the engineer here and it turned out to be the modem.  Roll_eyes
Only trouble is had to really stamp my feet and sent a complaint email before this got taken seriously.
Now im getting a connection speed of 13mb down and 1-2 mb up.Been advised the profile needed to be changed and I should see an increase in speed ove next 72 hrs.
Suppose will just have to wait and see but after my recent experience with PN and BT Im not really in the frame of mind to stay on fibre now.
Think if the speed doesnt go up, might as well go back to asdl service and move providers.
knowdice
Rising Star

Questions...
How far away from your cabinet are you?
And when you do a speed test at BT what profile speed does it show?
http://speedtester.bt.com/
What sync speed did the BT engineer get when the equipment was installed?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

manclad44,
Glad to hear things are better for you. I will certainly be looking through the notes relating to your issue to see how this was handled and what we can do better in the future.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team