cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad service

manclad44
Dabbler

Bad service

Not very happy with plusnet at the moment!
Had very few problems with the trial but now as it comes to an end seems to have gone terrible.
Started to have dropped connections over a week ago And raised a ticket to try get it resolved.
Had a bt engineer booked for sat 16th April but after waiting in he did not arrive.
Contacted plusnet via phone to ask what happened but no one seems to know or care.
Upshot is I am now left with no connection or very limited one and all the contact with plusnet staff has made me go from intermittent loss to none at all!!!!

Very frustrated at this level of service enough to move supplier if I can get off the trial that has now become a big mistake.
18 REPLIES 18
phil4
Grafter

Re: Bad service

Blimey, no wonder you're a bit annoyed.
The flakey service I reckon could be down to all-sorts, not always Plusnet's doing.  My top suspect would be a faulty BT modem.  I say that only because I've read of lots of overheating, intermittent failures etc.
What makes me shudder though is your comment "but no one seems to know or care."  I don't t know quite how you left it, but regardless of what ate the engineer who was supposed to visit on the 16th, I'd be pretty much demanding a revisit date.
I know plusnet chose to use BT to do their servicing, and as such have overall responsibility for why the engineer didn't turn up, but by the same token the person you spoke to can probably do no more than arrange a new visit.
I hope you get it sorted.
manclad44
Dabbler

Yes as I have also worked in customer service for a telecom company and monitored calls into the centre for quality and complaints I have a very limited tolerance for this sort of "pass the call around".
As a paying customer I don't want to be told by plusnet " it's out of our hands".
Or " oh, the previous person that took your call did not update the logs with there actions".
I don't expect to have next day service but I do expect they try there best to fit in with me when they miss an appointment.
5 to possibly 7 days to wait for an engineer is unacceptable in my books and they will not get many more chances to fix this before I end up moving to another provider.
I know the trial is free but to be honest for the little difference in speed that was noticeable I should of just stayed on normal broadband.
phil4
Grafter

I think the problem is there is a certain element of truth when they say "it's out of our hands".
All too often, companies subcontract the work out, in this case to BT, but cannot/will not accept the responsibility when it goes wrong, instead blaming the subcontractor.  I've seen this countless times elsewhere.
That said the call operative you spoke to was probably right, they have not been given the tools, or empowerment to do anything about it.  That lies with the Plusnet management.
It doesn't help you of course, you can't phone BT and sort it out yourself, so you are left as you say, either giving Plusnet a chance or trying elsewhere.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

manclad44,
I'm sorry to hear about the problems that you've had so far with this, especially with an engineer no-show like that.
I've now got one of our most experienced faults agents looking into this and dealing with getting another engineer booked in ASAP.
I'll update you again as soon as they've done their bit.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
manclad44
Dabbler

Hi Adam
Well I phoned again last night to see when the engineer would fix this fault . I was told the team had gone home as it was after 9pm and that he would ask them to look into why this fault is just stuck with nothing happening.
Getting quite annoyed and upset at the lack of action by either Plusnet or BT to fix this fault now , it now  1 week since the disconection started and they are happening every day for long periods of time.
I was orginally told an engineer would be rebooked for either this sat am 23rd or the Mon 25th am , neither has happened yet !!!!
I am getting close to ending my contract with Plusnet now and going over to talk talk as i have never had this problem with them.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I thought the Fibre contract was a fixed 18 month
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not if you were on the trial
manclad44
Dabbler

Well just done a speed test and here is the result ," SUPERFAST FTTC" =lol

Absolutley shocking result and still not any closer to getting the fault fixed.
Had various people from Plusnet add mesages to my ticket apologising for the slow service!! But still the promises go astray , latest one is that they will get BT team leader to monitor this and update me all the way.
Not had any further updates about getting an engineer booked , wasted another weekend waiting in, just incase they book one for today or Monday as was promised orginally last week.

Very sad that Plusnet seem to think its ok to treat customers this way and it will be remebered when I can find another provider that does FTTC.
dick:green Image tags fitted.
knowdice
Rising Star

The grass always looks greener...
Most if not all of your problems seem to be BT related, so will you get better service elsewhere...I'm not so sure!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Very sad that Plusnet seem to think its ok to treat customers this way

We don't.
Bear with me and I'll get someone back on the case for you today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
manclad44
Dabbler

still no update from either plusnet or bt.  Sad
Keep getting told bt are looking into the fault but nothing seems to be happening.
looks like my speed has been lowered to stop the disconnections.
Still not happy about the lack of service from either Plusnet or BT.
Nearly two weeks now since my troubles started and no wiser as to when It will be fixed.
As for getting better service form other suppliers!!
I have been with Bt, talk talk, and virgin and I can safely say without a shadow of dought ,this is the worst customer service I have had with a fault from any Company.
I should also point out I have worked in telecom call center dealing with complaints and monitoring customer calls and at the moment this would rank very high on the scale of a major complaint.
manclad44
Dabbler

oh forgot to add my latest "Superfast Fibre Speed" test  Shocked  Cry

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1271611563.png
manclad44
Dabbler

Just wanted to update everyone about the terrible service.
Still got no fibre connection, been off completely now since thursday.
Rang a guy a customer services to complain that this fault is just stuck , was not impressed by his " Attitude"
He was very good at passing the buck and informing me that the "Fault " was stuck in a booking system that is not working correctly and that is due to BT!!!
I asked him why he could not just ring BT and ask an engineer to visit my address to fix it? But apparently thats not possible.
Does Plusnet not understand we are "Paying Customers"?
I have called on several occasions and have 3 tickets open but still no one has taken the trouble to tell me why an engineer has not been to fix this fault which is now over 2 weeks old.
Does anyone now how I get my line back to asdl so I can move service ?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Unfortunately PN buy their service from BT Wholesale, the people who look after the equipment is BT Openreach, who have to be contacted by BTW, some of the PN care team (Who have been on holiday since Thursday) can somehow speed up the process