cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT installed Huawei modem takes an age to connect

matthat

BT installed Huawei modem takes an age to connect

Or is it just me? Sometimes 10 mins after power up. Any way to get in to the settings?
3 REPLIES 3
knowdice
Rising Star

Re: BT installed Huawei modem takes an age to connect

I see a delay of 5 minutes or so after power up.
It has been suggested if you just drop the line then it takes a time for the previous PPPoE session to time-out before a new one can be established - may be Plusnet can comment.
Ideally get your router to disconnect the PPPoE session before power cycling the BT modem.
You don't have any software access whatsoever to the BT VDSL+ modem  Angry
KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

I thought that you were meant to leave the BT modem powered up all the time? (According to the BT engineer if we keep switching it off the speed will decrease as the line thinks it has a fault? It'll then take a while for the speeds to ramp up again - he said if we go on holiday and switch it off we will have to accept waiting a couple of days before our full speed will return - is that true?)
We've been leaving the BT modem switched on 24/7 (apart from when the power tripped the other day) but switching the Netgear router off at night. Is there any reason why we should do anything different?
knowdice
Rising Star

I don't turn mine off at night, but have power cycled from time to time due to other reasons and haven't seen a speed problem.