cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Install Info

tomxlisa
Grafter

BT Install Info

I've had FTTP installed but was wondering what other peoples experiences was like, the guy who did the internal works drilled through to bring the cables from outside, but has not sealed the hole so now we have a draft coming through into the house, was this the same for many other installs or was the hole sealed up, i have been on to Plusnet and they have been on to BT but nothing can be done apparently.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BT Install Info

If it were me - the first thing I would have done is sealed it myself using mastic
Is there a reason why you didn't do that
tomxlisa
Grafter

Not really a DIY person myself and was waiting to see what Plusnet said as i thought as BT created the hole they should be coming back out to sort it.
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hole is not sealed, but it's small and there is a plastic cap on the inside wall which will stop any draughts. I might bung a drop of sealant on the outside.
cajef
Grafter

Quote from: beeceegee
Hole is not sealed, but it's small and there is a plastic cap on the inside wall which will stop any draughts. I might bung a drop of sealant on the outside.

May depend on the installation engineer, the guy that installed mine sealed the hole outside with silicone sealant plus a cap inside.
As you say it is hardly a difficult job for someone to put a bit of sealant in the hole themselves, it must take all of five minutes.to do. Roll_eyes
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I certainly would have sealed it from the outside quickly as otherwise it's a great place for the weather to get in.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tomxlisa
Grafter

Nah it isn't hard for me to seal it myself but i would definitely put it down to bad workmanship, i suppose you can buy those caps and i think i saw the sealant that i need on amazon and it was quite cheap, that is if it was the correct thing, i aint really good with DIY as i said, haha.