Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT FTTH Transfer To PlusNet

Bauhaus100
Dabbler

BT FTTH Transfer To PlusNet

Hi folks,

With the 2nd BT price rise in a year on the horizon, I'm considering transferring my BB & phone across to PlusNet. However, both run down a FTTH link, installed by OpenReach.

My experiences with PlusNet webmail have not been great so I'm extremely wary of giving them the opportunity to take over my more essential telecoms services.

Does anyone have experience of a BT to PlusNet FTTH transfer that they'd like to share?

Kind regards,

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: BT FTTH Transfer To PlusNet

Moderators Note.
Moved to FTTP trial
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Bauhaus100

Plusnet cannot offer phone over FTTH (FVA aka Fibre Voice Access).

Plus the Plusnet offering is a trial for existing Plusnet customers at 40/10 or 80/20 speeds only.

You would probably be better off going to Zen although you would need to ask them about FVA 

Also see Staff response at https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/Question-for-people-who-moved-from-one-FTT... as house must have a copper phone line (no FTTH only houses)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Bauhaus100

As mentioned you need to sign up for ADSL / VDSL first and then apply to join the FTTP trial.

Note that as it's trial PlusNet phone and live chat staff know little about FTTP so this forum is the best place for support / answers.

I don't use Web Mail but I would suspect there are stand alone providers if the PlusNet service doesn't suit. I use Pegasus Mail as a stand alone mail program along side my PlusNet e-mail address.

Once on PlusNet FTTP they are happy for you to cancel your phone line if not required (contractual matters not withstanding). There is a £2.50 surcharge for internet only. What you can do it it's needed is move your phone service to a VOIP provider.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there and welcome back.

Unfortunately ISPs can't transfer FTTP services between each other, so we'd need the current service ceased before we can place the FTTP order though in theory once the order is placed we should be able to reactivate the service within as little as 1 working day providing the ONT box is left switched on.

Alternatively and if your ONT box accepts more than one incoming connection, we should be able to provide FTTP to one of the other ports which may not be in use.

However to do this we'd need an account creating on our systems. If there's ADSL or FTTC, and WBC FTTP availability Here I'd recommend creating an account with us online at www.plus.net

If you give me a nudge here as soon as you've done this I'll be happy to progress this.

Worth mentioning that our pricing is currently Unlimited Fibre (38mbps) for £15.99 per month, or Unlimited Fibre Extra (76mbps) for £20.99 per month. As @bmc has mentioned, there's a £2.50 monthly surcharge if you don't want a phone service with us.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
edwh
Rising Star

FTTP services aren’t part of the “Gaining Provider Led” process, long read here and a recent example of frustration from it here. If you are blessed with a multi-port ONT maybe don’t cease the BT service until the Plusnet service is up and running.

Would you keep us informed of progress? I’d be interested to hear how a voice service migration from fibre back to metallic goes.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

We’d likely need to install a fresh copper line for the phone service, importing the telephone number if possible at the same time as we can’t migrate FTTP services to us.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet