Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of FTTP - house move

DBGlos
Grafter

Availability of FTTP - house move

Hi everyone

I am scheduled to move at the end of the month and the 'Fastershire' website (and the WBC Checker) tells me that there is FTTP (but no FTTC) available at my new address and lists Plusnet as a provider.

I have just telephoned customer services to inform them of my move and they tell me that they cannot provide ANY service at the new address - the phone line is present (but disconnected - no surprise there as the property has been empty for a long time) but surprise surprise there is no FTTC available (which I told them!).

The person I spoke to spoke to their manager and I was informed that I will need to go elsewhere as there is no Plusnet FTTP service in that area.

Is this correct?  I have been keeping an eye on these boards knowing my move was imminent and the message here seems to be very different to the one given on the telephones.

Who is correct?  Can anyone help?  I have been with PlusNet for a couple of years now and have a static IP etc so it would be advantageous to stay with them (isn't that called customer loyalty?) and I was even willing to move my telephone service over to them!

What gives??  Any help available from anyone that actually knows the real answer?Huh

Thanks guys.

3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Availability of FTTP - house move

If the BT Address checker says FTTP is available post on the FTTP trial board - or a moderator may move this topic to there so the right person sees it.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@HarryB

Can you help with this?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@DBGlos Could you PM me the address so I can look in to this for you.

I see the advisors notes on your account state we aren't taking any more people on the fibre trial, which is incorrect for residential accounts. I've passed feedback on to their manager.

@DBGlos wrote:
I was even willing to move my telephone service over to them!

If it's an FTTP only area, that unfortunately won't be possible, but I appreciate the thought behind it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet